Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Software Engineering
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Suggested start date: Immediate
- Manages a small team of developers to launch end-to-end products
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains enterprise-level desktop-, web- and mobile-based applications
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations
- Analyses user requirements, envisions system features and functionality
- Collaborates with product managers, team leads and other software developers
- Works closely with end-users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any other related field
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of software development life cycle (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Ability to develop Android apps using any framework desired
- Understanding of databases, with proficiency in SQL
- Ability to build Microsoft Access data applications while using VBA and Macros is a plus
- Familiarity with build tools
- Mobile UI design experience
- Basic understanding of data analysis in Excel
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git) is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Proof of already developed applications on multiple platforms will be an added advantage.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive, comm
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: BGLI Learning Program Associate
Report: Human Development Team
Suggested start date: Immediately
- Report and track program effectiveness on work performance.
- Ensure training efficiency by driving constant improvement across the modules.
- Track feedback on courses, provide regular updates on course contents and respond regularly to user requests.
- Co-ordinate training schedules, manage training calendar and send reminders as required.
- Provide regular progress reports
- Define training strategy across the key functions of our operations (i.e. Operations, Technology & Finance).
- Execute training strategy through curriculum design and the development of customized content for each training module (online or by other mediums).
- Create content for the courses and source for relevant course materials.
- Prepare PowerPoint, text materials and voice-overs for each module.
- Collaborative communicator with a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Mass Communications, Education or a related discipline)
- 3-5 years’ work experience; preferably in a similar capacity or related
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- Strong project coordination skills resulting in inefficient, timely and accurate delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Compensation is competitive. Both compensation and benefits are negotiable, based on the candidate’s prior experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Program Associate, BGLI” as the subject of the mail.