Busy Minds Consult – Our client, a leading Offshore Logistics company with an exponential growth plan is seeking the services of an experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
- Alert executives about cancellations or new meetings.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
- Attend meetings in order to record minutes.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Follow up on action points from meetings on behalf of executives.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records and budget preparation, protocol, personnel, and housekeeping, in order to aid executives.
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents.
- Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of executives.
- Manage and maintain executives’ calendar and schedules.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Supervise and train other administration staff.
- Review operating practices and procedures in order to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
- Working with department guidelines and standard procedure.
- Operate and maintain an effective filing system for the department.
- Record and monitor all costs and expenses for the executives.
- Process invoices and produce reports for all the budgets and liaising closely with the Finance department.
- Manage and maintain stationary supplies.
- Follow through any changes to the disaster recovery plan.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Receive and determine access for visitors.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic office tasks.
- Prepare agenda and plan for committee, management, board, and other meetings.
- Make travel arrangements and schedules for executives.
Education and Qualifications:
- NYSC certificate/Exemption letter
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigerian (ICSAN) Certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in secretarial and administrative support for executives preferably as a Personal Assistant.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to form successful relationships, working with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives.
- The resilience to deal with periods of work pressure and diplomacy to deal with difficult employees, customers, contractors and others in the course of their duties.
- Reliable, with the ability to maintain high levels of service.
- Motivated with the ability to effectively work on own initiative.
- Physical fitness and mental agility to successful function for an extended period if required.
- Proficient in the use of English Language.
- Proficient in the use of standard computer software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office) and to learn bespoke packages if required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to work in a diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
- Ability to produce minutes of meeting and draft/edit written documents and correspondences independently.
- Ability to retrieve information from relevant sources through research.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive materials.
- The ability to be proactive and use your initiative: to see what needs doing and to do it.
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: email@example.com using the Job title as the title of the mail.
Application Deadline 15th August, 2019.
Note: The dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2013 – May 2018.