Médecins Du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Assistant
Hierarchical & functional links:
- Under the supervision of the deputy base logistician, the fleet assistant will be responsible for all staff administrative which require filing, proper documentations and other fleet daily practice
- The fleet Assistant is responsible for facility and coordinating movements maintenance and planning of all vehicle operated by MDM in Maiduguri
- Follow up ,maintenance and as well as facilitating all movement needs and monitoring of field movements
- The position will demand a highly motivated , detailed-oriented individual who will be able to identify report and solve challenges as the arise in the office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Responsible for supervising the drivers:
- Assess all drivers’ skills and conduct driver training as required and this includes making recommendations to the line manager.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspection along with drivers to monitor the use of vehicle through the log book management.
- Maintain daily vehicle inspections schedule and records, assign all maintenance plan
- Ensure all the cars are refuelled every Friday in the afternoon and any other day that the fuel level is half tank.
- Ensure transparent and accountable fuel management for vrhicle and generator.
- Ensure scheduled and need-based maintenance of generators.
- Ensure the genrators always have adequate fuel to run uninterruptedly
- Ensure monthly and need-based vehicle and generators utilizilition reports.
- Assist in orgnaising the transportation of goods to the various ware houses /stores and clinics.
- Organising daily movement according to with the program needs
- Organise and ensure a routine maintenances schedule for all MDM leased vehicle and ensure that a stock of fuel is maintained at the base
- Assist the deputy log base to coordinate with program to ensure increase / phasing out of vehicles
- Assist the deputy log base to maintain a comprehensive vehicle and generator maintenance record and a plan for maintenance schedule at the base.
- Assist in assessing any external garages / suppliers which are being used by MDM to ensure they can and are providing sufficient support to the MDM’s fleet at an acceptable cost.
- Assist the deputy log base to ensure all vehicle have an onboard spares tyre, first aid kits, emergency tool kits, emergency contact numbers internal vehicle numbers and MDM branding.
Objective 2 – Management:
- Supervises the drivers and prepare their daily planning at the end of the month .
- Supervises and manage loading staff (cars trucks etcs )as well casual workers hired subject to the approval of the line manger.
Objective 3 – Reporting:
- Ensure that line manager is informed of any problem regarding fuel quality generators and cars
- Send the fuel and maintenance follow up to the deputy log base at the end of the month
- Be aware of any documents regarding detailed responsibilities or the drivers
- Participate in meeting and any possible trainings
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- B.Sc, degree in any discipline
- At least 1 year experience in similar role
- Fluent in English and Hausa, Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Experience working with and NGO will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one single attachment via email to: [email protected] using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 12th July, 2019.