Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA Reading Coordinator
Project: EDC/NEI Plus Project
- The LGEA Reading Coordinator will provide technical assistance and guidance to the project’s support for improved reading instruction at the IGEA level.
- The position will be based at a Local Government Education Office, in Sokoto State.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Supervise the implementation of all Northern Education Initiative Plus supported reading activities such as EGR TLM delivery, teacher trainings, teacher/classroom supervision, monitoring and student testing efforts.
- Ensure complementarity of activity approaches in reading across the LGEA by liaising with LGEA government representatives and technicians on technical matters and bearing ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in Project focus public schools, NFLCs and CRCs achieve improved reading outcomes.
- Provide support to LGEA teams during school visits and teacher support activities
- Master’s Degree with at least one year (or Bachelors with at least 2 years) of relevant experience in education development and working in local governmental systems in Nigeria
- Prior experience providing training and capacity building to staff and counterparts in areas of participatory planning
- Fluency in English and Hausa required.
- Relevant experience working with communities in Sokoto State
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to: [email protected] using “LGA Reading Coordinator” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 10th August, 2019.
- Invited candidates are expected to bear the cost of attending the interview as no cost is attached for that.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. No phone calls, please.