One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Duration: Full-time job
Career Level: Global Professionals
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers. In Nigeria, that work is just beginning. This role is part of a small team based in Minna, whose purpose is to successfully establish the OAF model in Nigeria, starting small but scaling-up rapidly within the next few years. The Nigeria Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manger will report to the Nigeria Innovations Associate.
- The Nigeria M&E Coordinator will plan and oversee the day-to-day execution of the data gathering efforts of the pilot. More specifically, this role includes: staff management of a team of 2-4 enumerators, planning and creating surveys on CommCare software, cleaning and analyzing data from surveys, and recommending programmatic decisions based on that analysis. By constantly gathering and analyzing data about the program’s impact on farmers’ lives, the pilot will be in a position to scale much more quickly. On a day-to-day basis, the Nigeria M&E Manager will execute a mix of activities, depending on the annual planting calendar:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate on strategy for survey and data gathering efforts: The M&E Coordinator will work closely with the Innovations Associate and Data Manager to optimize learnings from a continuous survey effort.
- Manage the execution of day-to-day survey operations: This is a largely field-based position. Expect to spend most days interacting with field-based staff and our customers, whether to oversee survey collection, run focus groups, or visit trial plots to monitor maize growth. When in the office, expect to work plan and collaborate with other teams to maximize your team’s capacity.
- Team building and management: This is a management position. The M&E Coordinator will manage a team of ~8 enumerators. This includes hiring and training staff, ensuring they are ready and able to support farmers on a daily basis in the field, as well as steadily building capacity and competency across your team as it grows.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience in a professional M&E Environment with a demonstrated passion for our mission. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- At least 2 years of people or project management experience at work or outside of work.
- A willingness to live in Minna, close to our customers full-time – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- A Bachelors Degree in Statistics or any related field
- Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with ODK, CommCare, or similar survey software is preferred.
- Language proficiency in both English and Hausa, written and verbal is required.
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service to join the pilot’s leadership.
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills are a must. You constantly look for alternatives and solutions to problems in order to get the job done.
- Strong communication skills, as you will be interacting with farmers & traditional leaders, as well as team members, peers and pilot leadership.
- Work experience in M&E or survey operations, especially in a demanding environment such as rural agricultural or in volatile areas.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance, paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Must have existing rights to work in either Nigeria.