Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Locations: (Yaba, Alaba, Tradefair, Ikotun) Lagos , (Zaria, Kafanchan) Kaduna and Garki-Abuja
Job Type: Local contract
Mission 1 – Pre-loan disbursement:
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data of client businesses and households
- Prepare loan documents for credit committee
- Present loan files to credit committee
- Enter Loan files in the MIS.
- Promote/Market BAobab’s products to prospective clients
- Visit and evaluate potential client businesses
- Visit client’s personal house
- Visit co-debtor, guarantor’s house and businesses
- Analyze financial data of client’s businesses
- Conduct monitoring visits to business and households
- Follow- up on loan repayment
- Manage loan recovery from active and write-off client until the last
- Assess the impact of loan before renewal.
Portfolio Management Guide
- Portfolio transfer and other clearance is compulsory for all existing portfolio manager
- Portfolio handover will include description of each debtor and co-debtor’s business and residential address.
- Collateral and location of collateral
- Guarantor and guarantor’s business address
- It will be regarded as a credit fraud if portfolios are properly transferred upon exit from Baobab Microfinance Bank Limited. This will be reported to relevant authorities including CBN, NDIC and the Nigeria police for prosecution
- Portfolio Manager has the responsibility to provide information about bank’s client, co debtor or guarantor and their details even after exit from the system, if it so required.
- Diploma: OND or HND Minimum
- Basic Knowledge in accounting, finance and mathematics
- Previous work Experience or training In sales (Preferred).
- Fluent in English (Written/spoken)
- Detail Oriented
- Target oriented
- Articulate and well spoken
- High level of integrity
- Dynamic and motivated and individuals who like to work outdoors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Fmaidugu@baobab.bz Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 5th August, 2019.
Note: Applicants must reside within the location advertised.