The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- This is to inform interested prospective candidates that the Governing Council of the Federal University, Gashua, has declared the post of the Registrar of the University vacant.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the university and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day general administrative work of the university
- He shall be the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate, Convocation and Congregation of the university.
- With such diverse scope of responsibilities, the Registrar is critical to the overall management of the University
- The successful candidate will be required among other things, to train and give professional leadership to all administrative staff so as to ensure efficient and effective administrative performance.
A candidate for the post must:
- Possess at least a Second Class Lower Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized university;
- Be proficient in IT and be current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance;
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies e.g. NIM, IPMN, ANUPA;
- Possession of higher Degree in relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in University Administration;
- The applicant must currently have been at the rank of Deputy Registrar in a recognized university for a minimum of 5 years
- Candidate must not be older than sixty (60) years at the date of assumption of duty on appointment. He should also be of sound health.
- The applicant should be an excellent manager of human resources and a team player.
- He/she must be of sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity
- The position requires a person with proven leadership qualifies nd good public relations.
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only
- Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 25 copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae which will include the following in the order listed below:
- Full Name (surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin/LGA
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(S)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications Obtained (with Dates)
- Professional Qualifications/Membership of Professional Bodies (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary Level & Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (one of whom must be a professional or authority in university administration and one other must be from the applicant’s current place of work)
- Attach Brief Statement of your Vision for the University.
All Applications and the accompanying Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded in a sealed envelope marked, “Application for the Post of Registrar”, to:
Federal University, Gashua,
Application Deadline 6th September, 2019.
- Applicants should also request each of their referees to send his/her report, under confidential cover, direct to the Vice-Chancellor, marked, “Referee’s Report for the post of Registrar”.
- Late submissions will not be processed
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.