GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quality Manager
Job ID: 3287615
- An advocate for our customers, you will ensure that the business understands customers’ priorities and is driving to satisfy their needs.
- You will partner with regional teams & global threads to drive quality improvements that have positive impact on customer satisfaction.
- You will work closely with the Region Quality team ensuring strong alignment to the region strategy & priorities.
- An experienced agent of cultural change, you will be a strong influencer with a track-record of delivery.
In this role, you will:
- Be the point of contact for regional teams (CPM/CSM, Service Director, Managing Director, Region Quality Leader) for any quality topic related to your assigned portfolio
- Partner with functions to expedite customer specific NCRs and RCAs. Lead resolution of complex, cross-functional and severe NCRs and RCAs
- When required, you will coordinate with Contract Performance Manager/Customer Service Manager (CPM/CSM) the communication of issue resolution to customers
- Ensure specific customer quality issues are captured through Quality Operations tools (NCR, CX surveys, HELP, CoPQ, SEs) and track issue resolution by the owning functions
- Drive Quality Assurance and Prevention for your assigned portfolio through early identification of project and outage risks, mitigation plan, lessons learnt and best practice implementation
- Coordinate local specific customer audits with the QMS team
- Contribute to the execution of the internal audit for your assigned portfolio
- Work collaboratively as a team with other Customer Quality Leaders to share workload and best practices as necessary
- Own the quality team’s relationship with specific prioritized customers, by country and/or by product
- Contribute in a team that develops a standard Customer Quality Scorecard; you will work to develop, implement and maintain that standard Scorecard for the specific customers in your assigned portfolio
- Understand our customers’ greatest challenges as illustrated by the Scorecard, develop and implement a Playbook of action items resulting in increased Customer Experience Index (CXI) through reduction in quality escapes, improved outage planning and rapid issue resolution
- Develop operating rigors with internal stakeholders including senior leadership to review scorecard, monitor execution of improvement plans and escalate challenges as they arise
- In partnership with the P&L, develop operating rigors with the customer to formally feedback progress on periodic basis and ensure continuous alignment on strategy and priorities
- University bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated technical / engineering judgment and track record of results
- Minimum 5 years of operational experience (field service, supply chain, engineering, repairs, customer service, etc.)
- Strong customer orientation and willingness to promote customer interests
- Strong, proven previous leadership capabilities; leading teams (directly or indirectly) and driving change
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders to become supporters
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision. Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Clear understanding of the basic roles, functions, and products/services/repairs within GE Power Services
- Ability to communicate requirements and facilitate good practice-sharing in a motivating, engaging way
- A procedure mindset and ability to implement procedures and monitor compliance
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Familiar with statistics, six-sigma, quality assurance & quality control and other quality concepts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50% of the time on average (may include seasonal variability)
- In Nigeria: a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- In Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- In countries other than Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Strong network within Power Services Region, especially Services, Parts, Repairs, Global Supply Chain & Engineering would be a distinct advantage
- GB/BB/MBB certification and/or a proven education or work history in statistical analysis of complex data and measurement systems.
- Master’s degree (MBA) or other advanced learning
- 5+ years of experience in quality roles and/or continuous improvement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply