Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Jumia Food & Party
Job Type: Full time
- Jumia Food and Party is an online platform that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants or favourite alcoholic beverages and, have them delivered straight to their home / office, parties and functions
- You will be responsible for driving Jumia’s brand and marketing strategy across all channels. This role will provide strategic leadership across the organization to ensure that the brand is reaching a broader audience with consistent, effective, appropriate messaging and a unified and engaging customer experience.
In particular you will:
- Determine effectiveness of offline campaigns against targets and budgets and iterate actions as necessary.
- Managing and controlling all public relations and communication related topics.
- Develop curated marketing strategies for top partners.
- Manage the efforts of account managers.
- Establish new partnerships and promotional programs that reach sizeable external audiences to drive significant new users and website traffic
- Contribute as an integral member of the marketing leadership team, defining ongoing priorities and contributing in all areas of the function.
- Developing strategies that energize and strongly differentiate the JUMIA brand in the Ecommerce sector in Nigeria, positioning Jumia Food as the online shop you can trust.
- Create and execute successful content marketing campaigns, media strategies, and integrated marketing communications to increase the company’s awareness, drive user growth and retention.
- Increase company’s website traffic and acquisition of new audiences through offline and online marketing tools and tactics, including and not limited to blog and website publishing, social media, events, corporate responsibility initiatives, etc.
- Develop analytics dashboard and identify improvements to drive greater audiences and deeper engagement.
- Conceptualize and oversee development of outdoor, radio, TV campaigns
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a thriving retail business, which may entail working on weekends and holidays
- Proficiency with POS systems and Microsoft Office suites.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a store manager in a major “Brand image” retailer or Specialty retail environment
- Knowledge of retail operations such as sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation, and loss prevention
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2019.