Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Emergency Response Team Logistics Officer
Hierarchical & Functional links
- The Maiduguri Logistics Assistant works under the responsibility of the Base Logistician.
He supports the base logistician for all support need it in the base (office and guest) function including:
- Drivers and Guard supervision,
- Fleet management
- Equipment and stocks management,
- Project team support,
- Field activity visit,
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Responsible for supervising the logistic activities.
- Setting up of base in new areas of intervention
- Involved in Explo mission for emergency intervention.
- Monitor the purchase of fuel for vehicles and generator;
- Anticipate the vehicle needs for base in relation with project & office activities
- Ensure the rehabilitation of premises, clinic & regular check.
- Ensure the participation of logistics in selection of premises for projects & offices
- Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone etc.)
- In collaboration with the log base, conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to team in the field.
- Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, Assets, utilities)
- Ensure the good weekly vehicle planning
- In collaboration with the drivers and car hire vehicle ensure on time repair & maintenance of fleet vehicle. When vehicle moving for the maintenance and repair, he must remove the MDM stickers and put it back when the vehicles back at office
- Ensure on time repair & maintenance of Generator
Objective 2: Equipment management and ITC
- In collaboration with the base logistician anticipation for the need of equipment for the base.
- Management of supplies.
- Ensure that each staff when he received an equipment as sign the reception of equipment and keep it update. (when staff give back is equipment at the end of his contract make sure after checking the equipment state the staff sign the return of equipment form;
- Ensure that each equipment has an ID card, if not must refer to his supervisor,
- In case of any breakdown of any equipment, ensure that the following document is submitted at the base log: Report of the breakdown from how and when it’s happen and who.
- With support of the log Co, make sure proper utilization of IT equipment (each staff need to clean his laptop, not put it under water, shadow, dusty) etc.
- Be sure that each staff has cleaning materiel his computer (small brush, tissue, computer spray)
- Ensure that the guard follow up the procedure of: all Handset VHF are on charge every day after duty, and follow the procedure of: before putting on charge, empty fully the battery then start the recharge,
- Ensure the good usage and maintenance of MDM equipment, (cleaning, security, protection; maintenance) … each extra equipment must be in secure metallic locked metallic shelve locked, inventory doc must be stick inside the door of the shelves.
- Ensure the tracking of equipment (Physical inventories every month, ensure that all equipment is labelled, if not he must refer it to the log base.
- Update on monthly basis the asset equipment list;
Object 3: Base Meeting and Report
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff or take meeting minutes for staff base meetings as required, in close collaboration with the log base
- Participate with the Log base at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (vehicle and generator fuel and maintenance follow up, Asset equipment inventory, none asset inventory, purchase follow up) etc.
- Field visit report should be done in case of any clinic visit, and send it to the base Log
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the movement planning once a week,
- Participate with the Log base at the monthly SITREP, each mast week of the month
Objective 5: Team management
- Provide technical support to team on logistics’ issues including hygienist in ERT MDM project
- Daily Supervision of the Logistic team
- Participate in disciplinary actions
- In collaboration with the log base, identify the training needs conduct/ arrange the training for them
- Make sure HR rules / guidelines followed in management of team.
- Participate in the recruitment with the Log base.
- Conduct the appraisal interview for drivers and guard
Objective 4: Security and context follow up
- Inform the Log base on any evolution of the local context;
- Involved in security assessment as directed by ERT Co.
- Report to the log base in case of security incident;
- Implementation of emergency measures, if required, under the supervision of the Log base.
Job Title: Human Resource (HR) Assistant
- Receive and Track staff leave requests.
- Ensure attendance sheets are collected and submitted on weekly/monthly basis.
- Assist updating national staff HR’s administrative filling.
- Ensure that soft as well as hard record is available in official files.
- Assist employees to understand and adherence to MdM policies and procedures.
- HR assistant is responsible for all in country travel according to MDM polices.
- Assist expats to book their international flights when they are going on R&R.
- Coordinate with Gen Coo Assistant to track all visas expiry dates and extensions.
- Act as focal point for UNHAS booking for all mission staff and visitors.
- Responsible for tracking all incoming and visiting expats movements.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure that the guesthouse is running effectively. Arrange the guesthouse or hotel rooms to accommodation all visitors as needed.
- Prepare and maintain various databases to support the HR activities.
- Ensure important communications are posted on the board.
- Assist in event management: Arrange meetings, seminars, or workshops.
- Realize copying and filing and scanning of administrative documents.
- Comply with MdM policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety and security and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- He/she works under the supervision of the Human resources Coordinator.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde – France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
- This job description can be modified according to changes in MDM activities or in the context. It can be amended at any time after mutual consultation, in order to fit the requirements of the programs.
Job Title: Driver
- Under the supervision of the logistic officer, and in technical link with the Logistic coordinator, the Driver is in charge of driving MdM vehicles according to the MdM procedures, and assisting the logistics team for maintenance of the office/guesthouse/warehouse and loading/unloading goods and material into the cars.
- Driving vehicles and passenger safety and security of transported materials/equipment’s :
- Following MDM driving Regulation
- Adapting his/her behavior and driving to assure passengers’ security, MDM equipment and the rest of road/street users (drivers, pedestrians, etc.).
- Always drive according to the Nigerian circulation code and respecting speed limits
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Ensuring having a valid driving license and always have it ready for any eventual inspection
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date (yearly road safety check, registration of main drivers with the Rental Company, etc.)
Maintenance of the vehicle:
- Checking on a regular basis the vehicle’s motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, wind shield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance
- Organizing or if possible carrying out of any necessary maintenance after validation of direct supervisor
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
- Refilling the fuel tank each time the tank is at half of its capacity
- Remaining stand-by in the office in between movements
- Realize small purchases following the orders of the logistics officer
- Fill a logbook with kilometers and fuel consumption he does
- Supporting the team for manual tasks (load/unload the vehicle)
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform MdM team on log issues
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor
- Supporting operational organization of field trips
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the logistics officer
- Respect MdM rules and regulations including driver’s rules
Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
Medecins du Monde – France is a French humanitarian organization, involved in emergency, post-emergency and development programs in Nigerian.
The employee shall respect Medecins du Monde – France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal hours
- B.Sc, or Degree in any discipline
- At least 1 year experience in similar role
- Fluent in English and Hausa, Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Experience working with and NGO will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one single attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 12th July, 2019.