United World Colleges (UWC) is a global education movement that makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Nigerian National Committee Annual UWC Scholarship Award/Selection Exercise 2020
- The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of needs based scholarship awards and fee paying places in some UWCs.
- The colleges prepare students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate. Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bills of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health insurance, clothing etc. where applicable. Some scholarship awards may only partially cover the cost of tuition and accommodation.
- The UWC movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigeria National Committee was founded in 1982. Currently Mr. Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
- The UWC movement seeks outstanding students who want to become change-makers for a better world, regardless of their socio-economic, religious, national, ethnic or cultural background. If you are a passionate learner, excited at the prospect of studying and living with young people from around the world, a UWC education is for you. If the UWC mission for a more peaceful and sustainable future inspires you, please apply starting Monday, June 24, 2019.
To be eligible to apply:
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding academic ability and must have obtained the Senior School Certificate SSC/GCE ‘O Levels or their recognized equivalent.
- Exceptional students in SS3 may also apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 17 years.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa holding from Friday, December 6 to Sunday, December 8, 2019.
- Candidates invited for the interview will be required to pay interview fee to defray the cost of feeding, lodging etc. This fee will be communicated on shortlisting.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should get the Application forms with the payment of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may obtain the forms at the cost of N1000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favor of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call/WhatsApp 09058169893 for account details).
Alternatively pay through Paystack Payment Gateway (Click here). Forms can be picked up at “13th Floor, St. Nicholas House, Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Nigeria” (forms will only be released upon sighting evidence of payment) and dropped off for submission.
Forms can be purchased and/or submitted at our purchasing and submitting centres in Abuja or Port Harcourt (see purchasing centres below)
Forms can also be downloaded CLICK HERE (PDF) but all applications must be submitted at any of the aforementioned centres or scanned and sent directly to our [email protected] with the prescribed fees within the application period.
Abuja Purchasing Centre
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu,
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Port Harcourt Purchasing Center
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
Click here for more Information
If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via: [email protected] , Tel: 09058169893
Application Deadline 12th October, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!