GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Sales Development Representative – Acquisition, EMEA
- If you love talking about tech, learning about the latest and greatest, and want to continue to grow your career in software sales, GitLab’s Sales Development Rep role could be a role worth exploring for you. In addition to having an affinity for tech and experience in sales, we want to build a team that thrives on asking questions, addressing challenges, and nurturing customers.
- A successful SDR will take initiative to meet sales goals, qualify leads, build positive and lasting relationships with prospective clients, and support future and existing clients in their adoption of GitLab.
- Most importantly, our marketing team, including SDRs will use GitLab itself to document and update sales best practices and the company handbook.
- As part of our marketing organization, the SDR will report to the SDR Lead, and will work very closely with both Strategic Account Executives and Regional Sales Directors.
- Meet or exceed Sales Development Representative (SDR) sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets.
- Work with designated strategic account leader to identify and prioritize key accounts to develop
- Working with the sales team to identify net-new opportunities and nurture existing opportunities within target accounts.
- Work in collaboration with field and corporate marketing to drive attendance at marketing events
- Attend field marketing events to engage with participants identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them navigate their key accounts.
- Work in collaboration with Online Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in sales or client success in a software/tech company
- An understanding of B2B software sales, open source software, and the developer product space
- Affinity for software and knowledge of the software development process
- Ability to carefully listen
- Desire for a continued career in software sales
- Passionate about technology and strong desire to learn
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SDR Team Lead for the region they have applied for
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Sales Development
- Candidates may be invited to interview with the Regional Director of Sales for the region
- Finally, selected candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Job Title: Senior Product Designer, Growth
A brief Overview
- GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
- We started 2019 with a team of 15 Product Designers and Researchers. Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’re doubling the size of the UX team, and we’re doubling the number of GitLab employees to over 1000 this year, too.
- At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
- As a Product Designer at GitLab, you will be working on our Growth stage group, where you’ll be working improving the user journey from acquisition to customer, improving adoption of the different elements of our product, and ultimately increasing the revenue of our product.
What you can expect in a Senior Product Designer, Growth role at GitLab:
- You’ll iterate on existing journeys, test new flows and utilize data to help customers get more value out of our product.
- You’ll work with Product Managers to define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy for our Growth stage group.
- You’ll participate in AB testing by proposing experiments, designing tests, and analyzing learnings.
- You’ll mentor other Product Designers within the team
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and hi-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking, collaborate with our UX Researchers on generative research, and you’ll share findings with the wider team, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
Projects you might work on in our Growth stage group:
- You’ll be expected to dive into our product analytics, understand our conversion points, form hypotheses and test these out, all with the goal to increase conversion, sign-ups, and growth. You might work on functionality around onboarding a new user, communicating premium features, or helping customers get the most out of a free trial. You can also tell us what’s valuable to work on!
- You’ll join the team at an early stage, collaborating with a cross-functional team. You can read about the strategy, structure, and composition of our Growth team in our handbook.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You’ve got some experience designing in a team that’s focused on customer growth. This can be from either an enterprise product or eCommerce team
- You’ve got a deep understanding of designing for growth
- You’ve got some knowledge of the developer tooling space through past experiences, passions or previous job roles
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs
- You’ve got experience forming hypotheses, and testing these in a commercial design role
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You’re able to understand technical front end concepts, Git, review front-end merge requests or write custom HTML and CSS.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply