SDSD is a global company with offices in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Bulgaria, India, Vietnam and Nigeria. We have supported the maritime industry through specialist software development and technology services since 1983. We have clients worldwide across all sectors of the maritime industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Location: Ado-Odo/Ota, Ogun
- The Sales Development Representative is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities for software and related services aimed at IT and Maritime Professionals within the Maritime and Shipping industry.
- The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the-box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a field sales rep
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM applications preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- This entry-level position requires an ambitious self-starter and someone that can effectively process inbound inquiries and identify qualified leads and opportunities. Relationship selling skills, with the ability to manage sales calls at varying levels of customer accounts, are essential.
- 1+ year of successful experience in telemarketing, preferably in technology
- Knowledge of the Maritime industry is desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.