The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders), is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer – Cyber Security
- The role of this job holder is to ensure All ICT assets are specified, developed, deployed, maintained and operated to the highest well-known Information Security standards that foster a risk-mitigated business environment.
- Carry out activities that enhance the security posture of the organisation.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
Design, specify, deploy, operate and maintain IT assets to high security standards. Enforce cyber secure practices within the organization. Develop and deploy technical solutions that mitigate security vulnerabilities:
- Contribute to Budget Preparation
- Carry out Security Audits, Risk Analysis, Application and System Level Vulnerability Testing, Code Reviews, Patch Management
- Research and Identify New Cyber Attack Risks from Industry Specific, Local and Global Perspectives
- Carry out Discreet Audits on CCTV & Access Control Systems Operate in a 24/7 Security Operations Centre
- Solve strategic and operational security issues
- Own key IT security metrics and trends and report them to stakeholders
- Implement corporate security standards, policies and practices fostering security awareness for all stakeholders and enhancing the organization’s maturity
- Enforce data privacy, data integrity and availability of ICT assets, ensure access compliance to high security ICT infrastructure – i.e. data centres/ data archive centres.
- Provides Technical leadership for the Cyber Security Team
- Build strong team to meet Corporate Cyber Security Requirements
- Lead and mentor Team to ensure Professional growth
- BSc./HND in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics and other Physical Science courses.
- CCNP, CISA, CISSP/ CEH, Security or equivalent certifications will be an added advantage
- Infrastructure and Networking Knowledge Essential
- Software development background desirable
- Knowledge of Security as applied to Virtualized Environments and Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 Domains, COBIT Framework and Their Implementation
- Application level vulnerability testing and web application security. Strong foundation and knowledge of network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography. Code level security auditing a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience.
- Good Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Discreet with Integrity
- Self-Motivated with Focus on Results within Tight Deadlines
- Developed People Skills.
- Highly Agile with Ability to Work Extra Hours at Short Notice
- Project Management Skills.
- Good Analytical, Organizational & Multitasking Skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Application Deadline 22nd July, 2019
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview