PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, an indigenous Insurance company in Lagos is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO01099
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
The CFO is responsible for timely provision of relevant and reliable financial information to stakeholders. He/she ensures that adequate control systems and processes are in place to secure the assets of the organization and efficiently implement the financial policies/procedures of the Company in line with generally accepted accounting policies. He/she is to:
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the finance function.
- Liaise effectively with the external auditors to ensure that efficient audit process is carried out
- Oversee consolidated finance budget preparation and develop financial plans and credit policies.
- Ensure that the company maintains a favourable receivables position.
- Develop financial plan and provide financial advisory support to Management and Board
- Monitor compliance with the Group’s cost management practices, credit management policies and procedures.
- Champion treasury management including analysis and financing for projects and overall capital funding
- Monitor the maintenance of fixed assets inventory/register and performance of annual budget.
- Review and endorse capital expenditure requisition for all units within the Group.
- Oversee preparation of comprehensive, proactive and timely financial and management information, including tax, cash flow and statutory accounts.
- Provide direction for the proper management reporting on the performance of the Group.
- Design and monitor implementation of systems and controls to ensure compliance with tax and other financial regulatory provisions.
- Good knowledge of global financial markets, financial accounting, and information management.
- Technical competence in financial analysis and interpretation, financial management and corporate finance, tax management, IT systems.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Proven record of capital raising
- Strong relationship management skills especially in dealing with investors, regulators and other stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Professionalism and integrity
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ work experience in Financial Services industry, five (5) of which must be at Senior Management level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline.
- Master’s degree in business related discipline is desirable.
- Professional certification in Accounting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th August, 2019.