Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client in the Legal industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Lawyer
- We are seeking to hire a commercial lawyer to manage all issues pertaining to business transactions such as negotiation and preparation of corporate/commercial contracts, negotiating and implementing mergers and acquisitions including restructuring corporate entities, provide advice on a range of commercial matters including the drafting & negotiating of a wide range of commercial agreements, supplier contracts as well as internal & external client terms.
- To provide advice on a range of commercial matters including major procurement activities, complex commercial contracts, Joint Ventures, partnerships, and some corporate work.
- Advise, draft and negotiate major commercial agreements, including regulated procurement activities, either alone or as part of a team.
- Advise clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Provide expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Conduct and conclude contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaise with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protect the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
Required Knowledge and Experience
A thorough grounding in and experience of the areas described above. You will also have:
- 3-5 years post call experience
- Sound judgment and outstanding analytical and contractual skills.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, and confidence.
- Knowledge and interest in the structure, aims and objectives of the and an appreciation of its regulatory responsibilities as a publicly funded body. In addition, some knowledge of the application of public procurement and competition law to the relevant legal practice areas would be an advantage.
- Intellectual rigor and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Ability to provide practical legal advice and risk assessment.
- Team player.
- Ability to work to tight and/or conflicting deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 11th July, 2019.