HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reference No: HP/FIN/FC
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
- We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our growing team.
- The Financial Controller will be responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department.
- He/she will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
- Overseeing the finance department’s staff in day-to-day operations.
- Accounting, Administration, Auditing, Banking, Data Analysis, Finance, Management, Retail
- Accounting & Auditing,Bookkeeping,Distribution, Warehousing & Freight,Ecommerce,Financial Services,Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Food & Beverages,Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export,Health / Fitness / Beauty,Healthcare,Hotel / Catering / Hospitality / Leisure,Management Consulting,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Procurement & Purchasing,Retail
Key elements of the role:
- Monitor the cash flow position throughout the company, understand the sources and uses of cash, and provide insight to management on cash flow projections
- Understand and monitor all of the company’s liabilities
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Manage the Finance team, ensuring a timely and accurate monthly close process in accordance with approved accounting reporting standards
- Review and manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the department, including the design of a structure that is adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of three sales channels – retail, wholesale and ecommerce; specifically analyze and review the control systems, transaction-processing operations, monthly cost center closings, and accounting policies and procedures
- Setup a Cost Center budgeting system
- Prepare the annual corporate budget(s).
- Implementation of budgeting & budgetary controls at all levels and across all operations of the Organization
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department’s overheads.
- Prepare and review general ledger activities, journal entries and accruals
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assure accuracy and timely recording of all transactions
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Prepare monthly reports, including comparative reports of operations results, financial position and variance explanations
- Prepare the annual budget and financial forecasts to Executive Management
- Auditing and reconciliation of Inventory and Fixed Assets
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to Management on a monthly basis
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong time management, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills to operate in a demanding, multi-tasking environment
- Interest in providing financial analyses and enjoy working on a diversity of accounting and finance issues
- Excellent knowledge in Excel
- Ability to identify and communicate issues with Senior Management.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Relevant Master’s Degree
- Must be ICAN/ACCA certified
- Ability to effectively train and develop Finance and Accounting Personnel
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and High attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2019.