Comercio Cloud Computing Limited is an indigenous premier cloud company. Our infrastructure is in a Tier III constructed facility certified data centre offering carrier neutral colocation services.
It is the most connected in Africa with all major carriers and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the country and direct connection to all undersea cables serving the South Atlantic Coast of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Engineer
- Provides primary, diagnostic incident response, initial level triage of networking issues, dispatch, escalation and coordination of communication to ESnet users and must be able to apply their understanding of network design, familiarity with configuration and installation of various network equipment like routers, switches and firewalls from a variety of vendors like Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, etc.
- Serve as the centralized monitoring partner and are capable of using Linux systems monitoring tools (i.e. Nagios, Spectrum, Splunk, syslogs) to ensure WAN connectivity.
- Analyzes data network documentation and communicates to management the current operational status of networks.
- Perform routine engineering tasks, such as power cycling remote hosts, updating software, applying security patches and inventory control, etc. within a Linux environment.
- Create various automation tools to improve workflow processes, diagnostic processes, return to service processes using a programming language like Python.
- A NOC engineer has several duties to ensure the smooth running of the network. They deal with things such as DDOS Attacks, power outages, network failures, and routing black-holes. There are of course the basic roles, such as remote hands, support, configuration of hardware (such as firewalls and routers, purchased by a client).
- NOC engineers also must ensure the core network is stable. This can be done by configuring hardware in a way that makes the network more secure, but still has optimal performance. NOC engineers are also responsible for monitoring activity, such as network usage, temperatures etc.
- They would also have to install equipment, such as KVMs, rack installation, IP-PDU setup, running cabling. Most NOC engineers are also on call and have a 5-6-days rotation, working different shifts.
- First point of contact in problem diagnosis, conducting the appropriate testing routines of scripts, potentially conduct more complex testing to meet specified requirements to bring the wide area network back to a normal state.
Skills and Requirements
- Maintain asset inventory in an automated computer system.
- Un-rack and decommission equipment as necessary.
- Work with other groups to identify areas to enhance uptime and reduce time to resolve problems.
- Helpdesk ticketing experience.
- Experience meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreement.
- Other tasks as required by management.
- Knowledge of Dell / Huawei Blade servers.
- Knowledge of VMware (vSphere, vBlock, vCloud, vShield Edge, NSX).
- Knowledge of Dell Open manage.
- Data Centre Technicians provide monitoring, problem escalation, job scheduling and tape management services for the various client’s Data Centers.
- The Data Centre Operations team monitors IT applications 24x7x365.
- Rack, cable and inventory network and server equipment.
- Understand, learn and apply diagnostic methods to troubleshoot datacenter equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair server and network hardware at the physical layer Repair servers (replace hard drives; replace bad sticks of RAM, MoBo’s, etc.).
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment as directed for special projects.
- Processing RMAs to replace server or racked equipment components.
- Perform equipment installs and moves (servers, network appliances, etc.).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 25th July, 2019.