Fastest Booking is a cutting edge travel booking platform that provide an easier and faster booking solution. We are a startup based in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Full Stack Node.js Developer
About the Role
- In this role, you will primarily work as a Full Stack Developer within the Software department building world-class internal products to support Fastest Booking’s business needs.
- As a Full Stack Developer, you will take on complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary.
- You will show initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; you are able to identify and suggest areas of future work for yourself or your team.
- You will drive product velocity and deliver products with confidence.
- You will take pride in building products that are key to helping Fastest Booking grow and scale as an organization.
You’re the Kind of Person Who
- Believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important.
- Is constantly learning and expanding your skill sets on and off the job.
- Can mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Work closely with Product Managers and Stakeholders to understand the business needs
- Deliver complex software solutions that meet those needs
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Fastest Booking’s internal systems
- Promote and nurture good team practices such as TDD, code reviews, and pair programming
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches
- Mentor entry-level developers willing to become world-class
We are interested in a candidate with experience in the following technologies that we currently use:
- Angular / Vue.js / React
- MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Postgres
- Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Docker, kubernetes
- REST API
- SOAP API
- 2 years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science principles
- Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- TDD and pair programming experience
- Experience or strong interest in microservices architectures and distributed systems
- Solid written and verbal communication
- A Bachelor’s or advanced Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with system automation
- Deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps , Continuous Delivery and TDD
- Experience developing Travel technology products.
Benefits & Compensation
- You will be part of a new & international team that built a new Travel Booking platform from scratch
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!