Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Cross River
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Medical Doctor degree Desirable degree in Tropical Medicine.
- Experience: 2 years’ experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within Medical training); Desirable in Tropical Medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, Obs and Gynae, Paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, General Practice, General Medicine or Minor Surgery
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption Letters (All in soft copy) to: msfocb-CRfirstname.lastname@example.org
Send hard copy to:
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Belgium
PPBarnmore hotel behind CRBC,
Ikom – Cross-River State.
Application Deadline 14th July 2019.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview;