An International Non-Governmental Organization is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for a U.S. Agency for International Development-funded political party and citizen engagement program in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to and work under the supervision of the Resident Program Director and is responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities under the award. The M&E Officer leads the development and management of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect reports on organization’s activities and assist in securing relevant reports from partners
- Prepare and finalize weekly activity and quarterly program reports and enter quarterly data on specified reporting platforms
- Develop and facilitate staff training on how to customize indicators and results frameworks to specific activities Develop and deliver staff and CSOs training on M&E tools and their use in collecting, verifying and tracking data
- Develop Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) plan and take the lead in identifying lessons learned and implications for program’s next steps and make recommendations to alter/improve programming
- Develop concept notes, design research protocol and coordinate the implementation of large qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Identify lessons learned and challenges of program activities.
- Take lead in the development and implementation of the organization’s monitoring and evaluation framework, including developing results chain, defining indicators and identifying data collection methods
- Participate in the planning and implementation of program performance reviews, assessments and monitoring
- Maintain systems/processes that allow for the systematic data collection in accordance with grant objectives, indicators and funders requirements
- Coordinate data storage that ensures the protection of beneficiary information, in agreement with ethical standards and provide oversight for the implementation of M&E standard Operating Procedures
- Develop a standard set of project M&E templates for field team use to collect and track indicator data for reporting onto the project Performance Management Plan (PMP)
- Analyze data and provide feedback on qualitative and quantitative data collected by field staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated capacity to work with senior program staff to assess and report on program performance.
- Knowledge and experience with USG grant and contract proposals, regulations and procedures.
- Experience in electoral and governance assistance projects (preferred).
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbally and in writing and also, strong presentation skills; have high proficiency wit Microsoft (or equivalent) Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience (4 years of M & E experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Politics, Development or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Experience in the drafting of program implementation plans and performance management plans (PIP/PMP).
- Experience with data collection, data analysis and effective data presentation techniques.
- Have experience with developing and maintaining program performance and implementation-tracking tools.
- Demonstrated ability to produce substantive and clear reporting documents.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and current Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Please include the following in your Cover Letter:
- Minimum salary requirements (or current salary),
- How your experience and qualifications fit the requirements,
- Projected start date, and
- Where you found this posting.
Application Deadline 5th August, 2019.