Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reporting to: Logistic Manager
Supervisor: Motor boys
- The position holder assists the Logistic Manager in carrying out core logistic responsibilities that include; Availability of vehicles, Distribution to Customers/Outlets, Pick up of raw material, Transfer of stock to Graceco Depot, Vehicle schedule and routing, Hired vehicle weekly usage and payment, etc.
- Ensure prompt availability of vehicles and coordinate the daily distribution of Customers/Outlets stock after Authority to Load (ATL) has been given.
- Ensure timely pick up of raw material needed from designated vendor’s office/factory
- Daily management of customers’ distribution related issues and prevention of recurrence
- Plan and coordinate transfer of stock to Graceco Depot
- Ensure drivers adhere to safety procedure and standard on offloading, speed, driving, parking, etc.
- Prepares Vehicle schedule and routing on ERP for stock loading and general reporting
- Compile report for hired vehicle weekly usage and prepares payment schedule; Also prepares and raise parking fees for hired trucks and Graceco trucks and compile weekly parking fee report and usage analysis
- Degree/HND in Business Administration, Transport Management or any relevant course.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Logistic and Supply Chain Management.
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good team player
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong sense of professionalism and integrity
- Possess excellent interpersonal skill; self- motivated
- Highly proactive
- Good understanding of ERPNext.
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Reports To: Warehouse Coordinator
Work Hours: Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am-3pm on Saturdays.
- The warehouse officer is in charge of inventory in the warehouse. The position holder would receive and record new stock as it comes in, and move stock onto trucks or store as needed. He/she would create schedules, monitor stock levels.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Ensure Quality of stock with correct storage arrangement, Appropriate Storage condition, practicing FIFO and Age analysis report.
- Ensure accurate monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and yearly Physical Inventory, regular circle count and reconciliation of short/over with Finance.
- Ensure Inventory Optimization through stock verification.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with production managers, production administrator to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience
- Applicant must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Management or any related field.
- Applicant must have minimum of 2 years of experience in the warehouse or inventory field
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Applicant must reside within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs.
- Preference would be given to Male applicant.
- Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Critical-Thinking Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- High effective supervisory skills and techniques
Job Title: Production Manager
Reports To: General Manager Operations
- Job location The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria.
- Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am-3pm on Saturdays.
- The production manager is to ensure planning, organizing, leading and controlling of human and other resources to meet the organizational production target. The holder must ensure effective and efficient methods of production that will be cost efficient and sustainable.
- The position holder must have knowledge of production machines such as Mixer, Packaging Machine, Kneader, Fryer, and similar industrial food processing machines.
- Manage the headcount of staff to ensure the department is not over staffed or under staffed at every point.
- Coordinate all production activities and ensure the final products meets the highest level of quality
- Ensure proper documentation of all activities about operations; machine downtime, shift reports, output, etc.
- In collaboration with production administrator, ensure that raw materials needed to achieve normal and impromptu production target are available before commencement of production.
- Ensure highest level of cleanliness and hygiene in all units and around the chin-chin department.
- Implement and sustain the 5s in the department
- Ensure that the department operates at 90% efficiency level every day
- In collaboration with maintenance department, ensure all machines runs at maximum efficiency level and are serviced as at when due
- Ensure every shift meets and exceed the set target with minimum waste level
- Ensure operations is not delayed or shut down because of inadequate raw material
- Curb lateness, absenteeism , insubordination and other indiscipline among staff by recommending to HR appropriate sanctions
- Promote teamwork, harmony, fairness among the supervisors and staff
- Identify and recommend for promotion/reward diligent and committed staff
- In collaboration with HR department, ensure a viable succession plan for all strategic position such as supervisors, machine operators and other key roles.
- Suggest to management ways of improving production in a cost effective manner
- In collaboration with safety department, ensure all staff comply with all health and safety standard; staff wear required PPE always, PPEs are in good and hygienic condition
- Must have a working knowledge of all machine operations including spare part, and general maintenance insight.
- Ensure the department runs as a viable revenue centre and eliminate every form of human and material waste
- Suggest the right equipment configuration to facilitate the attainment of department goals.
- Ensure that the sales order for product is properly managed and fulfilled on a daily basis
- Introduces best practices into production and ensure that all parts of the floor are productively engaged at the same time.
- Ensure any incident, accident, near miss and unsafe act/situation is adequately handled.
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by management.
This position has the following challenges among other ones;
- Occasional over time as a result of large order
- Working with unskilled temporary staff
- Turnover and absenteeism rate may be high if unchecked and that will affect daily production target
- Scheduling and planning different shift
- Monitoring different machine operators
- Controlling wastage ; nylon, packaging material, and others
- Developing accurate weekly production plan
- Detecting and preventing pilferage and wastage of material
- It is expected that you will discharge all the responsibilities to the position and proffer sustainable solutions to the challenges.
- Applicant should have B.Sc in Food Science and other related discipline.
- Applicant must have relevant certification (FSMS).
- Applicant must be computer literate: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- Applicant must reside within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs.
- Applicant must have minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Production Manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the mail should be “Job Title”
Application Deadline 31st July, 2019.