A private University in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Niger Delta, Nigeria
- We are searching for a Vice-Chancellor for a private university in the Niger Delta. The tenure of the position is four (4) years, and shall be renewable for another term only. The candidate must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records.
- Exhibit marketing skills toward increasing student population, as well as entrepreneurial drive and ability to mobilise other resources for the development of the University.
- Have high moral standards, impeccable character with irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students, other members of the university community and the university’s various stakeholders
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use ICT and enjoy robust physical and mental health.
- Satisfy other requirements specified for appointment to the office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Must be within the ages of forty five and sixty years.
- Possess a doctorate degree and be a full professor of not less than ten (10) years standing, with appreciable ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University community.
- Possess a proven track record of academic excellence in terms of quality publications and teaching.
- Possess a clear vision for the further development of the University and the realization of its vision, mission and strategic goals
- Have a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local, national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies and organisations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV should be accompanied with the candidate’s Statement of Vision for the university for the next five years, which must not be more than 1,500 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 12th August, 2019.