Citygate Global Microfinance Institution is a financial institution with the objective of reducing the number of Nigerians living below poverty line by providing responsive financial services and offerings in line with the global initiative of poverty alleviation in order to enhance the quality of life of the low-end actively engaged populace.
Job Title: Resident Control Officer
Locations: Ibadan, Ijebu-Ode, Akure, Ikorodu, Ketu
Job type: Full Time
Job Description/Main Responsibilities
- Build a strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, procedures and regulatory infractions.
- Ensure prompt and effective call over of branch transactions.
- Build strong awareness in branch staff on all policy and procedures issues; zero tolerance for open GL Items, unreviewed transactions and income leakages
- Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the branches under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Review of system exception message report.
- Conduct serial checks/tests on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in the branches under coverage.
- Establish and maintain an Internal Process discipline and alignment within the business
- Ensure learning and development within the team and business on internal control standards
- Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the company strategy and key objectives
- Have insights into customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit.
- Promptness and effectiveness of call over of transactions.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
- Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
- Review of expense and the Branch imprest and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
- Carrying out security sweep at least once in a month.
- Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every relevant account.
- Review KYC compliance.
- Review the accuracy of financial records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Examine procedures in existence to ensure that resources and assets are safeguarded
- Coordinate the review of accounting records to ensure proper records are maintained
- Ensure contract price and prices of purchased items are reasonable
- Measure and be accountable for business and strategic plan execution.
- Be responsible for financial goals and measure to performance goals.
Relevant Skills, Qualifications, Attributes & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- 2-3 years progressively responsible experience in internal Control and Compliance environment,
- Banking experience as internal control personnel
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th August, 2019.