Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist Consultant
Job Nature: 2 to 3 days/once a month+ transportation time
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
In Port-Harcourt, MSF is running a project to address medical and psychological needs of victims of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV). In providing support to the victims, the teams, under the management and technical supervision of a Mental Health and Activity Manager, are potentially exposed to heavy and difficult stories and situations to listen to and to deal with.
In order to prevent the emotional consequences of such a professional context, MSF would like to provide its teams with psychological support through clinical supervision sessions.
- Provide clinical supervision through monthly collective and, if needed, punctual individual sessions to Mental Health and SGBV teams to prevent compassion fatigue and therefore to support good practices and quality of comprehensive care provided to victims of SGBV.
- Support the mental health and SGBV staff on keeping a professional distance from the patients and an active thinking position
- Venting heavy stories
- Expressing all work-related emotions
- Alert management if needed, in respect of confidentiality, and eventually suggest solutions:
- Employee in danger/Beneficiaries in danger
- Issues to be addressed
- Approach and content of the sessions are to be adapted to each position: doctors, nurse counsellors, social workers, psychologist, drivers, watchmen…
- Reflecting on emotions involved in the employee/beneficiary relationship
- Discussion on specific situations to understand the emotional component in the relationship and to be able to adapt positioning and attitude
- Understanding better patients’ behavior through technical enlightenments
- Sharing coping tools and enhancing team work
- Encouraging use of self-care technics
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Degree in Clinical Psychology/Psychiatry
- Languages Fluency in written and spoken English
- Skills Flexibility and availability to discuss over the phone any emotional emergency
- Understanding of group dynamics
- Must possess a valid registration with Recognized Licensing Body in Nigeria as clinical psychologist/psychiatrist
- Experience 5 years of experience as a clinical therapist
- Experience in providing collective/individual clinical supervision
- Experience in psycho-trauma and SGBV would be an asset
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here and answer the questions on the Link, then submit their Cover Letter, CV, qualifications and contact details to: email@example.com using “Clinical Psychologist Consultant” as the subject of the mail.
- Non-compliant or Late applications will not be considered.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview
Application Deadline 12th August, 2019.