Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014.
We are recruiting young graduates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Group Finance Manager (Senior Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Insurance
- The Group Finance Manager (GFM) is responsible for the Group’s financial/management reporting and balance sheet management, including finance support for a variety of corporate and business projects.
- This role will be key to providing timely, accurate and meaningful financial information and analysis that enable senior management decision making, enable our shareholders to assess the organization’s performance, complies with the requirements of our regulators, and maintains our credibility with policyholders and business partners.
- The GFM, as the finance ICT project champion, works closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure timely and efficient implementation of all finance function related ICT Transformation projects. This function reports to the Group Finance Director (GFD).
- Manage the production of monthly, quarterly and full year consolidated financial results and reporting, including balance sheet management.
- Develop and manage all group financial reporting deadlines.
- Review of subsidiary/associate financial returns and prepare reports to the GFD on the investment performance.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements (IFRS) including supporting statutory notes and disclosures.
- Assist in preparation of other regulatory reporting obligations including preparation of supporting statutory notes and disclosures.
- Manage relationships with other Group functions and all divisional finance reporting teams.
- Co-ordinate the embedding of IFRS in the financial reporting and systems of the subsidiary businesses.
- Manage the improvement of the financial reporting process in particular to support growing statutory and regulatory disclosure requirements e.g. IFRS 9/15/16/17 and continuing pressure on reporting deadlines.
- Liaise with external auditors in addressing technical accounting developments and to ensure the smooth running and close-out of the audit process.
- Provide expert advice on specialist and technical accounting areas (such as impairment reviews, FX accounting, etc.) in the context of quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Support financial budget, forecasting, and treasury activities of the Group.
- Embrace and drive a culture of continuous process improvement across the finance functions and the wider business.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis for senior management as requested.
- Special projects across Group Finance as required.
Finance ICT Project Champion:
- Lead the ERP implementation for finance function processes and work as part of a cross-functional diverse project team.
- Work closely with the ERP Configuration Team to ensure their ERP configuration delivers the desired process.
- Work closely with all work streams and business SPA’s and CFO’s to ensure processes are efficient, effective and compliant as well as aligned with Mutual Benefits standards.
- Ensure processes are documented, training materials developed and processes integrate into the day to day work of operating finance teams.
- Manage the business related project budget.
- Ensure finance functions within the Group have in place the most effective IT Systems and Processes to deliver the business strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Recognized professional qualification: ACA / ACCA, FCA, CFA, ACITN, etc.
- Experienced professional with at least 7 years of relevant experience (with at least 5 years in managerial position in a group business).
- In-depth understanding of IFRS.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multi-currency consolidations and group financial reporting (in audit or industry).
- Experience in Insurance sector accounting and knowledge of insurance regulatory environment.
- Good proven project management skills.
- Strong general accounting / finance background required for this position.
- Experience with budgets, planning and forecasting of P&L’s.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Intermediate/Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data that is visually appealing and effectively tells a clear story.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills required.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization and be able to work independently as well as within a variety of teams. Must be able to handle all types of personalities and relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
- Prior experience with ERP is a strong plus.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to:
- Sit, walk and stand
- Talk and hear, both in person and by telephone
- Use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Timely submission of accurate financial reports
- Actual vs budget performance
- Minimal to zero variation in unaudited vs audited financial performance
- Timely submission of audited financial statements to NAICOM for approval
- Timely approval of audited financial statements by NAICOM
- Timely implementation of ICT Transformation Projects for the Finance functions
- Liquidity & solvency management for the Group
- Implementation of auditors’ management letters issues for the Group
Key Traits of a Successful GFM:
- High competency on computer based programs and applications.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff and subsidiaries.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Efficient time management and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Adherence to compliance regulations.
- Positive attitude and desire to constantly learn and grow.
Job Title: Personal Assistant (PA) to the MD
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The job exists to provide administrative, strategic, research, operational and executive support services to the office of the Managing Director.
- Manage and maintain the MD’s diary
- Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments, requiring Bio or photos etc.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
- Filter emails, general information, queries, correspondence, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Provide an effective documentation system using best practice model; and maintain data base for valuable business contacts.
- Prepare professional presentation slides and documents and delivers papers for MD.
- Provide research findings and intelligence to MD.
- Assists the MD with speech preparation, general email communication to staff, other routine correspondence, etc.
- Manage other assignment as directed by the MD
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Business Administration, Secretarial study or related field.
- A minimum of 5-7 years PA/secretarial experience at C-Suit or senior level
- A recognized professional qualification and knowledge of insurance will be an added advantage.
- High proficiency in the use MS Office, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Professional telephone manner
- High confidentiality, integrity and Accountability
- Highly professional and well presented
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Bright, confident personality
Job Title: Financial Advisor (Marketing)
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
- Sales of pure risk insurance products & services
- Business Development
- Product awareness
- Customer retention.
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. from a recognized tertiary institution (Marketing experience is an added advantage).
- Good Communication Skill,
- Good team spirit.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Professional selling skills
- Confident, self-motivated and honest.
- Remuneration is sales commission based plus fixed allowance.
- Candidate should be resident of Lagos.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply