Jagal is a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments. By cultivating leadership and developing a culture of excellence, Jagal is dedicated to empowering people and building strategic partnerships that aim to achieve sustainable growth for the advancement of the Nigerian community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
We are seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to independently review and report on:
- The overall control environment to ensure strong segregation of duties, delegation of authority, up to date policies and processes compliance
- Specific areas where process, cost efficiencies, risk measurement and control can be considered by management for implementation, to drive practical time, cost and quality efficiencies
- All payments with a view to ascertaining that adequate process, documentations, controls and approvals are in place.
- Prepares and submits approval an Annual Audit plan for Jagal HQ
- Perform and report on audit assignments based on approved internal audit plan
- Continued follow-up on implementation of audit recommendations
- Supports Treasury in driving the continuous reconciliation and recovery of excess bank charges across the company.
- Participates in policy reviews when due and ensure Complete Closure of agreed audit committee corrective action points on a timely basis
- Reviews external audit report and follow up with management on the implementation of audit recommendations in the Annual Financial statements’ management letters
- Support the Governance Director in driving regulatory, statutory and operational compliance monitoring in Jagal HQ and carry out any other ad-hoc function as required from time to time by the Audit Risk and Compliance Committee (ARCC) and the Group CFO.
- Constant involvements in continuous process improvement through ongoing stakeholders’ engagement
- Continual system studies with a view to identifying areas of control weaknesses, potential loss and suggesting risk mitigation measures in addition to the audit recommendations
- Month-end closure checklist review and reporting to provide assurance on the completeness and integrity of monthly reports while also reviewing the current close process to identify issues that slow the process down
- Qualified Accountant, with more than 7 years post qualification experience in internal audit
- Effective communicator, who has ability to communicate complex messages with clarity through quality reporting
- Absolute confidentiality, integrity, inquisitive, non-acceptance of surface explanation and weak responses to audit findings
- High level of attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- High level commitment, ability to cultivate trust and respect with other professionals around the business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply