IT Horizons Limited – Our client, a leading indigenous fast growing system integrator ICT Company with a clear focus in technology enabled solutions and professional services is urgently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Type- Full Time
- The Accountant will be responsible for managing all financial and management accounting and financial risks.
- The role is strategic but primarily operational and will include daily financial planning, reporting and analysis, treasury and tax functions, budgetary planning and control, financial modelling and overall support for business development financial strategies.
- Specifically, the role will provide financial management advisory and develop financial policies and procedures; prepare financial statements for the Board in accordance with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Controls Corporate Budgets and Accounts and provide quality and timely financial reports.
- Ensures prompt payment and accounting for VAT/WHT/ PAYE.
- Benchmarks financial accounting processes, identify and disseminate best practices.
- Develops, disseminates and monitors compliance with a risk response framework appropriate for own department.
- Manages Accounting knowledge, information and data to ensure application of common standards.
- Responsible for Fixed asset accounting.
- Responsible for managing and organizing Business Controls & Compliance process.
- Monitors compliance of Risk Policy and Internal Control Policy, and provides annual assurance of same.
- Represents the CFO when absent.
- Ensure necessary documentation of all accounting books.
- Sets guidelines and ensures implementation of monthly and quarterly accounts closing and reporting to all stake holders.
- Oversees all financial transactions, including billing, payable, receivables and credit control
- Manages relationships with auditors, tax advisers, bankers and other parties as directed by the CFO.
- Ensures integrity of the Ledger and that internal controls exist in all systems and processes.
- Manages Receivables, including those received through debit advice, tariffs, direct charge or reallocation.
- Reviews and agrees the basis of monthly/quarterly valuation of stationery, fuel and other consumables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Relevant management qualification or training.
- Minimum of 6 years’ broad experience in finance. Experience in ICT space will be an added advantage
- Basic IT skills
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance will be an added advantage. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or other finance related qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th September, 2019.