Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Library Attendant
- The Library Attendant assists the librarian in all areas especially in ensuring that the school’s library facilities are in good order and accessible to students throughout the school day and at night during Study Hall.
- Like every other member of staff, the library attendant is above all a role model for every student.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc (Library Science) or its equivalent is required. Any relevant higher degree or qualification is an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role. Any relevant experience is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Job Title: Chemistry Teacher
Job Status: Full Time
- The Teacher of Chemistry will plan, prepare and deliver instruction to students in Basic 7-9 and Senior Secondary 1-3 (SS 3) in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to Chemistry and Basic Science.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B. Ed (Chemistry) or its equivalent is required. Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Chemistry, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to Chemistry is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Good command of English Language,
- Good understanding of adolescent psychology,
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player,
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision,
- Proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, 3 letters from referee, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word) and scanned Credentials to the “Human Resource Manager” via: email@example.com and CC the “Principal” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Application Deadline 6th August, 2019.