Horkey International Services Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company, which provides services in Dredging, Corrosion Control and Marine support services.
We are recruiting for the posts below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Company’s HSE-MS
- Create awareness amongst staff of HSE practices.
- Create safety awareness actions on site and enforce safety measures and guidelines.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE audits
- Conduct safety inductions for new employees, attachés, youth corps members and contractors on site.
- Plan, coordinate and implement effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operations teams in all aspects of safety, occupational health safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc,
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Provide HSE compliance guidance on all sites or field work.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- Perform risk assessment and ensure that permit to work system is enforced.
- Engage in daily routine safety inspections of the site.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in such a manner that minimizes the risks to employees, contractors, property and equipment.
- Undertake accident/incident investigations as the needs arise and implement remedial/preventive actions against re-occurrence of such (accident/incident)
- Investigate all accidents, near-misses, fire outbreaks and write reports.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting.
- Provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested.
- Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE training and orientation to all new employees.
- Attain and Maintain MSDS workplace files, site FTO, Safety permits & approvals and OSHA logs.
Qualification & Skills
- First Degree in Engineering, or any related Science or Environmental discipline
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Marine or Oil and Gas industry
- Working knowledge of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Have 3 – 5 years minimum work experience
- Have excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have done relevant HSE trainings with certificates
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Member of an internationally recognized environmental/safety/health professional body (IOSH, NISP or equivalent)
- Minimum level 3 in NEBOSH
- Identification and risk assessment of Occupational Health and Safety accidents.
- Good technical knowledge
- Knowledgeable in ISO standards and HSE management systems.
- Familiar with international safety codes.
Job Title: Civil Engineer
- Collecting project information, carrying out on-site investigation, and drafting project technical proposal for project manager;
- Cooperating with the project team to complete drawing and calculation tasks at various stages of design consultation.
- In charge of preparation and publication of report and design drawings
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering and another related area, with more than 5-year working experience in construction design & consultation area.
- Coren Certificate Holder
- Experience in road & bridge design is preferred.
- Familiar with the technical specifications and standards of Nigerian,
- Theoretical fundamental knowledge of civil engineering.
- Skilled in CAD design drawing, Office software, etc.;
- Good teamwork and good communication skills.
Job Title: Project Manager
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and longterm goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Use and continually develop leadership skills & Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent clientfacing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / Other certification is a plus
Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Process Improvement, Planning, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Verbal Communication, Performance Management, Inventory Control.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV with a Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email
Application Deadline 28th August, 2019.