Horkey International Services Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company, which provides services in Dredging, Corrosion Control and Marine support services.
We are recruiting for the posts below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer/Technician
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution and completion of Electrical Design & Engineering Work.
- Closely monitor and supervise the Contractors/ Subcontractors to ensure proper installation and commissioning of all Electrical Installations during the construction phase
- Develop narrative specifications (Program of Requirements) that defines the technical requirements to be adopted on all Electrical work. The latter in close collaboration with the Client, Architect and the Project Manager.
- Extensive experience with Design & Engineering of: power (low, medium and high Voltage), uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems, diesel generators, lighting systems, Fire Detection and Alarms, manufacturing equipment’s.
- Technical Program of Requirements for Electrical services.
- Design & Engineering of all applicable phases.
- Interface management with other disciplines and parties (i.e. Consultants, Vendors, Subcontractors, Equipment Suppliers, etc.)
- Continually monitors performance of all assigned Electrical engineers and personnel.
- Ensures quality control procedures are being followed and maintained.
- Controls Electrical Contractors costs and variations.
- Supervises the execution of Electrical works during construction including HSE (safe way of working).
- Provides technical advice and assistance to Contractors staff as requested.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 5 years practical experience (relevant oil and gas production and facility and maintenance)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering.
- COREN registered and/or any other relevant certification.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel, AUTOCAD, and all related software’s for Electrical design & engineering works.
- The role requires frequent interaction with different levels of professionals and stakeholders on a high-profile project, therefore the candidate must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- A real team player and who can achieve goals by motivating and challenging the project teams.
- Possess initiative to see all assignments and projects through to completion.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
Job Title: Instrumentation Engineer/Technician
- The ideal candidate must have a good knowledge of Operational and Instrument Practices in an E&P Company. He must be well versed with carrying out calibration, failed safe test, pressure testing etc. He should be capable of applying production, operational, Instrumentation engineering and management principles to resolve instrumentation problems and optimize hydrocarbon production enhancement opportunities.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in a core engineering discipline (Instrumentation, Electrical, Petroleum or Production). A minimum of Upper Credit or Second Class Upper Division. A Master’s degree or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must have worked at senior level in a similar position for at least five (5) years in a reputable E&P Company and with proven track record of Instrumentation, production and operations management.
- Candidate should not be less than 28 years of age.
- Must be able to lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, work in a team environment, and be able to effectively communicate within and outside the company.
- Must have a proven ability to plan / lead projects and must be able to work under pressure.
- Advanced process control
- Distributed control systems
- Programmable logic controllers
- Supervisory control and data acquisition.
Job Title: Company Representative/Lead
- Create financial reports on costs and allocations and perform analysis on various cuts for presentation to management and business groups
- Identify and implement improvements in formats and templates used for reporting and analysis.
- Ensure that all SLAs are met, measured and reported to the clients on agreed frequency
- Run the governance with clients and maintain action logs to record, track and close the issues
- Act as first escalation point of contact for all service delivery related matters
- Conduct team meetings, collect information on people issues and implement actions to address them.
- Review of deliverables on defined parameters.
- Continuous process improvements to create capacities.
- Build, own and improve internal controls in the processes
- BS or MS in Business Administration, Contract Management, or similar field.
- Excellent communications skills, with data presentation and report writing experience.
- Background in business management initiatives, strategy implementation, and/or contract administration and performance monitoring.
- Company Representatives/Leads with at least 7 years experience in the oil and gas production and facility maintenance field.
Job Title: Production Support Personnel
- Production Support Personnel with at least 5 years experience in the oil and gas production and facility maintenance.
Job Title: Draftman
- Your overall role will be to prepare 3D models and 2D drawings in support of engineers as well as assisting with surveys on site.
- You will be required to apply the latest techniques including automation of the generation of digital models and application of virtual reality.
- You will work in a team of Engineers and Technicians.
- Preparing 2D/3D models/drawings in AutoCAD, Revit
- Preparing output drawings
- Carry out measured surveys as necessary
- Establish and maintain quality systems and procedures
- Manage the protection of all drawings, including the safekeeping of backups etc.
- Maintaining the drawing control registers for projects
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Civil/Structural Engineering/Construction
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Previous experience in Civil/Structural Design and drafting
- Great technical knowledge of latest CAD software (CAD steel, CAD RC and AutoCAD)
Job Title: Project Scheduler/Planning Personnel
- Design team management-monitoring the design team with the civil and structural, mechanical, and electrical design, fire and safety plan and process flow and engineering of the project for the execution of the Project
- Issuing a design review report providing your opinion on the design and describing improvement options, aided with sketches where appropriate.
- Coordination and review of the designs prepared by the Client’s design team
- Reviewing the detailed design for the Project together with the bill of quantities or cost breakdown schedule prepared by the consultants and other service providers and make recommendations
- Interpretation of drawings
- Carrying out Audit
- Pre-Construction Activities
- Performing initial project assessment to understand project goals, constraints, assumptions and scope.
- Developing a strategic execution plan with the Client. A plan which considers and reviews the project delivery proposition and advises the client on the alternative methods of project delivery in terms of work organization, design, construction, financial and legal constraints and risks to recommend the optimum approach.
- Reviewing of the cost review report prepared by Project QS and then making recommendation where necessary to the client
- Reviewing of the budget and supporting the client in finalizing an indicative overall budget for the Project by preparing comments and reports on draft budgets provided and prepared by any advisers or contractors.
- Reviewing the contractors’ pricing methodology and commenting on appropriateness and integrity; ensuring that the Project Quantity Surveyor (Project QS) analyze pricing line items and commenting on the appropriateness of the rates and prices presented; take a view on the overall pricing outcome to ascertain a realistic price.
- Providing recommendations to the Client on construction feasibility, availability of materials and labor, time requirements for installation and construction, and factors related to cost
- Carrying out Value Engineering
- Engagement of contractors, procurement of other consultants and contractors for the Project.
- Preparation of RFPs, TORs, and other tender documents.
- Reviewing questions received from potential contractors during the bidding process.
- Reviewing of contracts and technical documents, technical pricing, contractual terms within the contract
- Carrying out contract negotiation sessions
- Providing support to the Client in the acquisition of all other permits and approvals required for the delivery of the Project
- Familiar with professional bodies, relevant authorities etc. and the procedures for obtaining building permits and other approvals
- Developing the construction program schedule as preparation for the construction phase
- Making recommendations to the client on best construction practices
- Construction Activities
- Ensuring compliance with the prevailing wage and hours requirements
- Reviewing, managing and distributing all submissions and material samples
- Receiving the contractors’ proposed quality management plans and obtaining the Client’s approval thereof, and ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the relevant standards, codes, and procedures
- Monitoring the progress of works against the contractor’s work program, identifying causes or potential causes of delay, and advising the Client of suitable corrective actions in a timely manner
- Ensure that the works are carried out according to the approved employer’s (Client’s) requirements
- Establishing a resident monitoring process for the project on site
- Preparing a detailed procurement schedule
- Identifying long-lead items to facilitate the earliest possible date for project completion
- Issuing of milestone procurement as part of the overall programme
- Reviewing of the project and update of schedule/programme of work development including making adjustments based on the progress of work and specific recommendations for prioritizing and accelerating critical path items;
- Preparing and regular update of the project schedule
- Familiar with relevant applications for scheduling
- Familiar with relevant applications for document administration
- Advising the client on additions or changes to scope of construction works
- Checking to ensure that quality and process control tests have been or will be conducted on all materials used for the works
- Preparing and maintaining a testing schedule
- Reviewing and approving the contractor’s proposed health and safety plan and ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the relevant standards, codes, and procedures
- Maintaining daily records of all events relevant to the works including obtaining, checking, and signing daily progress reports of the contractor
- Day to day site inspections with high attention to detail
- Ensuring joint measurement of works executed by the Project Quantity Surveyor and Contractor for the purpose of vetting invoices against milestones, and countersigning of payment certificates with the Client’s and contractors’ agents
- Providing advice on and tracking the overall Project budget
- Reviewing, vetting, reconciling and validating all payment applications and invoices from third-party contracts including but not limited to construction contractors, architects and design engineers against agreed milestones
- Construction management including facilitating all phases of the Project from construction design to project completion
- Ensuring that construction contractor complies with the Environmental, Health and Safety Plan forming part of the of the overall Project Execution Plan and providing reports to the Client in this regard.
- Managing the various contracts of consultants and contractors and other third parties and advising the client where necessary
- Post Construction
- Compiling Operations and Maintenance Manual for the project which contains as-built, maintenance manuals for equipment, warranties, etc. submitted by contractors
- Preparation of final project report which includes bonds, warranties, as-built drawings, jurisdictional final inspection reports, certificate of substantial completion etc.
- Performing a final building and equipment/facilities inspection to ensure that all contractual agreements and quality standards have been met.
- Checking each item on the punch list and ensuring that it has been adequately corrected.
- Report Preparation and Project Documentation
- Preparing a Contract analyses report
- Preparing a pre-construction phase report
- Preparing weekly Minutes of Meetings (MOM)
- Preparing monthly project reports to include; description of mobilization of resources, details of construction compliance and non-compliance of all monitored activities. In the case of non-compliance, details of reasons for non-compliance and actions adopted, achieved progress and/or delays, as well as any remedial measures required to correct any reported issues of concern, detailed description of construction progress, including copies of relevant as-built drawings and test dates and outcomes
- Prepare, maintain and update regularly the project document register
- Issuing project management documents to project parties
- Carrying out document control and administration
- Organizing, coordinating and preparing minutes of any joint site meetings with the Client, other consultants, the contractors and other service providers and relevant authorities such as utility boards
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th August, 2019.