Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: VI, Lagos
- Timely preparation of agreements, legal documents and other documents in relation to the Company’s business
- Provide support for company secretarial functions including, preparing meeting agenda, attending and taking minutes of meetings, following up to ensure completion of meeting action points
- Provide support for collecting and updating legal information that affects the operations of the company to enhance the quality management system and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with external solicitors on the execution of assigned tasks
- Legal research
- Liaise with regulatory bodies, complete and monitor applications for regulatory licenses and permits in the retail industry
- Monitor and ensure legal, regulatory and internal policy compliance
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Legal Drafting
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Advice
- Litigation Management.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper degree in Law
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in a reputable law firm or retail company.
- Good negotiating and drafting skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exhibiting sound practical judgment and business understanding
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Ability to set priorities and work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Deep knowledge of corporate and regulatory rules and norms
- Good knowledge of and ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately
- Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Legal Officer” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 29th August, 2019.