The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Technical Assistant
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- The Executive Technical Assistant will provide technical and administrative support to the office of the Group Chief Information Officer.
- Other duties are of a highly confidential nature and require extensive experience in the technical coordination, planning, and support of daily operational and administrative functions.
- This position requires an individual who possesses well rounded IT acumen, personal attributes and the professional experience consistent with high standards of conduct and performance.
- In performing the job, the individual must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company core values.
- Manage and maintain complex calendar coordination for Group Chief Information Officer.
- Extensive Outlook calendar coordination for the Information Technology Department including project meetings, team meetings and external auditor meetings.
- Take meeting minutes for technology related project charters and distribute accordingly.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes for Information Technology Department.
- Perform timekeeper responsibilities for Information Technology department.
- Assist with team project coordination, maintenance and reporting; including creation of status reports and metrics.
- Coordinate travel and other logistics for IT team as required.
- Complete complex expense reports for CIO, Technology Directors and staff.
- Schedule and coordinate interview requests and prepare all necessary paperwork.
- Support projects related to Information Technology through various applications and dashboards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to be thorough and precise when accomplishing a task with concern for all aspects of the job involved; double-checks the accuracy of information to provide consistently accurate and high-quality work.
- Highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook.
- Essential accounting skills to check financial estimates, budgetary proposals, RFP responses, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate well with all departments and levels within the organization.
- Be physically fit and be able to travel within and outside Nigeria.
- Ability to complete research as requested and present to requester in various formats.
- Take ownership of all areas of IT support with results-driven attitude — i.e., multi-task, meet deadlines, identify goals and priorities and complete complex assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times in a busy, high-stress environment.
- Good experience in tracking multiple projects using software tools like Asana / Microsoft Project / Excel dashboards
- MUST have 5 to 8 years of experience in a technical role, including some experience working with senior management
- MUST have a First class or Second Class Upper four year Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. Masters Degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred.
- Must have at least one of following accredited or OEM level technical certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional / CCNA / ITIL V3 Advanced / SAP / Cyber security or equivalent.
- Advanced level proficiency or experience with information security is highly desirable.
- Must have experience in international firms or good exposure to international standards and work environment.
- Must have very good oral and technical communication skills and have good stature to represent GCIO in meetings and events.
- Must have very strong skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Must have hand-on experience for at least a year in a core IT area, viz. server operations / networks / Security / ERP.
- Dangote Group’s standard benefits package, comparable to best in the industry, including leave and medical benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply