The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Manager
Purpose of the Job
- Allocate tasks, coordinates and monitors team activities to ensure that the ICF deadlines are met, quality is ensured, and risks are mitigated efficiently and on time.
- Assess the performance of the direct reports, take the necessary measures to recognize performance and address under performance
- Provide coaching, development opportunities, performance and developmental feedback in order to improve the skills of the direct reports
- Act as the leader of the team, monitoring on a regular basis the engagement and retention risk
- Demonstrate continuous learning and remain updated on any changes in their area of expertise and in the scope of their role
- Maintain a strong working relationship with control owners, educating them about internal controls and internal control compliance requirements through an effective and cooperative approach.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with BU Senior Management and Corporate Audit, capture the feedback and input, provide updates and suggestions on internal controls related matters
- Maintain a strong working relationship with external auditors sharing regular updates on the progress of internal controls testing and results and obtaining updates on external audit control testing and substantive audit procedures
- Maintain strong working relationships with peers to enable meeting team goals
- Drive the continuous improvement activities, providing insights and recommendations to improve internal control practices and enhance the internal control framework.
- Stay up-to-date on internal control best practices and regulatory changes that may impact CCH’s internal control framework.
- Share with the other Regional the lessons learned and enable adaptation of leading practices throughout the ICC.
- Plan and organize the activity of the team
- Ensure that their department aligns on control deficiencies with business control owners and assist in the preparation of management actions.
- Prepare the risk assessment process to continuously assess and monitor internal controls on operational, financial and compliance risks across all Group.
- Embody the ideals of CCH’s policies and procedures and Code of Business Conduct
- Participates in the scoping process with regards to his/ her area of responsibility.
- Proactively communicates challenges and risks to the Group Internal Control Manager to ensure objectives are achieved on time and at the required quality.
- Ensure that the work plan is delivered as per agreed/expected schedule and quality
- Is the first point of escalation for his/ her team in case of issues, delays and complexities
- Oversee management action follow-up activities and ensure that reports on the remediation status of issues are provided accurately and on time.
- Test specific high-risk and/ or complicated controls in accordance with test plans
- Review work performed by the team and validates the status of controls effectiveness.
Education / Knowledge
- A University Level Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- ACA or ACCA fully / partially qualified (desirable).
- CIA/ CFE qualifications (desirable)
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice (particularly MS Excel).
- Knowledge of SAP and ability to support complex data extraction and analysis requirements
- Advanced knowledge of English required. Second CCH language (desirable)
- 7-8 years’ experience in FMCG environment or within a Big Four company
- 4-5 years’ experience in internal controls and / or internal audit
- Min 2 years’ experience as people manager
- Develops talent
- Drives engagement
- Directs work
- Plans and aligns
- Ensures accountability
- Being resilient
- Decision quality
- Drives results
- Customer focus
- Builds networks
- Organizational savvy
- Action oriented
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply