eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vaccine Delivery Officer
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Department: Program Delivery
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Purpose of the Position
- The Vaccine Delivery Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, HDS and would be responsible for Loading, transporting, and delivering vaccines and items to clients in a safe, timely manner through the operation of eHealth Africa’s motor vehicles.
- S/he is responsible for safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles. regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations running official errands and assisting with other office work
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Load, transport, and deliver vaccines and items in a safe and timely manner
- Ensure good condition of vaccines before and after delivery.
- Prepare reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Transports employees and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner. Greets employees and individuals warmly.
- Ensures vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use. Reports any damages or mechanical malfunctions and provides recommendations for repairs.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times and approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments.
- Consistently at work and on time and participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Management.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Observes traffic rules and regulations and maximum speed limits prescribed.
- Keeps assigned vehicles clean, free from damage, and in acceptable condition consistently.
- Reports for work on time and at specified location. Wears the appropriate outfits and footwear (closed toe shoes).
- Maintains schedules of pick-up and delivery assignments.
- Ensure that orders are complete, and vaccines are well preserved.
- Assist with loading and unloading vaccines and items from vehicles.
- Ensure all documentation for delivered items are up to date.
- Provide excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints.
- Adhere to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Maintains a professional and friendly approach to management, supervisors and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with company regulations and established internal policies and guidelines
- Reports all safety, security and driving incidents to supervisor immediately where possible.
- Ensures that all relevant notification procedures are followed in the event of absence from work.
- Ensures routine check-up of vehicles and complies with relevant laws and company policies regarding the use of mobile phones, smoking in company vehicles and/or the use of prohibited equipment whilst on duty.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum of Secondary school education and must have excellent driving record and experience.
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license, demonstrable route planning.
- Considerable knowledge of Nigerian roads and local laws.
- Excellent customer service skills, must be flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to adapt to changes, results-oriented, and positive minded in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years of job-related experience, preferably NGO.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Able to communicate by various modes such as verbally in-person, Mobile phone, pager, and direct connect/radio.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Impact & Quality:
- We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
Growth & Learning:
- We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply