Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Job Title: Customer Service Agents
Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, and have them delivered straight to their home / office.
In particular, you will:
- Work with the team leads to execute processes focused on improving customers’ experiences and overall service received by customers; in line with the set KPIs.
- Escalate issues to the team lead when necessary
- Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicate and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicate with customers through various channels.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree holder from an accredited university with at least 2 years work experience in a customer service or general operations, logistics or project management role.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and analytical start-up environment.
- Proven track record in sales, with a demonstrated ability to increase network expansion/volumes.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining customer/client relationships and identifying opportunities to improve business success for both parties.
- Creative communicator with an ability to work across multiple communication channels with experience of influencing others to drive results
- Advanced skills in MS office tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply