De Santiago Milan Hotel and Suites is a top-class Luxury hotel with elegant and glamour. Starting from the lobby of the hotel to the elegantly finished rooms, the interior provide a comfortable and unmatched experience. Our hotel is primed for corporate, business and leisure travelers, offering superior services and excellent facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Agent
Report to: Front office manager
- Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Determinate’s a guest’s reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Verifies the guest’s method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill/invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s, Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures and record details in the courier Mail Register.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Inform guest of the room safe and mini-bar key and room key procedures.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- File room keys ( only for manual room key hotels)
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out’s, currency exchange,
- Education: Academic and Professional – First Degree from the Arts, Sciences or Humanities.
- Minimum of three (3 -5) years of hotel front desk experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, conversant with Microsoft Applications and Hospitality Software.
- Must be able to speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 24th September, 2019.