Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B/G2B Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Security Analyst
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for keeping data safe and assets protected across the organization by monitoring, reporting, and addressing actual and potential information security issues.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Educate developers on secure coding practices.
- Participate in enterprise phishing simulation test.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover server & network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain high-security standards.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Understanding patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Certification in of the any of the following will be an added advantage:
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
- ECSA: EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- GSEC / GCIH / GCIA: GIAC Security Certifications
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Extensive Cloud knowledge
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDS/IPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Working conditions
- Flexibility is important.
- Equal opportunity
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply