The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Intern
Requisition ID: req6488
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Intern
Sector: Human Resources
- The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State.
- Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods
- The HR Intern will play an important role in supporting the HR Operations team but also have the opportunity to recommend improvements and impact real change.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
- Maintains employment files and records per IRC policy and legal regulation
- Support in creation of new staff personal files
- Updating the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information
- General organization of Recruitment Office documents/paperwork
- Supporting the induction processes
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, long and shortlisting of applications
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor
- Opportunity for an understanding and inner-working of Global HR in an international non-profit setting
- Strengthen communication skills and understanding cultural sensitivities
- Demonstrate leadership skills while working in a team environment
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Management, or relevant field.
- Very good attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills
- Should be fluent in English. Any additional language skills is a plus.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, and the ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, Hausa and or Kanuri
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Candidate should have the desire to learn about all aspects of HR
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, including ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Keen attention to detail
- The position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State. The security situation in Borno is relatively stable with periodic tensions. All IRC offices are provided with internet facilities and there is reliable mobile telecommunication network in Borno.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law