The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting operations in all activities at the state office.
- The Logistics Officer will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies. This position will be based in Monguno, Borno State.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Logistics Officer will report administratively to the Program Manager and technically to the Administrative Manager based in Abuja with a direct communication line to the Logistics Manager in Maiduguri.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies;
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies;
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices
- Travel as needed to LGA districts to monitor inventory and logistics
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments)
- Supervise support staff (i.e. cleaners, drivers, security guards, etc.)
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of general work experience with at least 2 years of related experience is required.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English as well as one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected] referencing the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume/CV.
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A Cover Letter
Application Deadline 17th September, 2019.