Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Archivist
Reference Number: ABV/PR/4516
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Job Status: Fixed
- The Mercy Corps HR Department is responsible for all Human resource business partnership functions in Nigeria including talent acquisition, talent management, onboarding, induction and orientation, staff engagement, conflict and grievance resolution and operational functions
- The Mercy Corps HR Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the HR Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the country team to ensure that team members are welcomed and valued in Mercy corps.
- Working in the Human Resource Department under the direction of the Senior HR Officer and Country Director, the HR Archivist will assist in the filing and auditing of files and documents as it pertains to HR Processes and Operations.
- Quality Control of HR Documents for completeness and proper referencing before archiving
- Implements archiving management procedures to ensure the highest control and security of HR and Administration documents
- Assist in initial sorting and review of timesheets for coding, leave, holidays, etc
- Carries out any printing and or scanning work in the office on the directive of the HR Assistant, HR Officer and Senior HR Officer
- Ensures proper documentation of consultancy/interns/volunteer
- Ensures that all the backlog in the employees’ HR files is updated and scanned into soft copy database.
- Preparing daily worker pay schedule and get them approved by the respective signatories before delivering them to the finance for payment.
- Manage the HR Archives and ensure monthly update and auditing of each staff personnel and Job files
- Ensures employees’ HR files are updated daily with any new documents such as leave forms
- Ensures that employee’s evaluation documents, disciplinary document, dependence documents, school certificates, exit document recruitment documents etc are filed in accordance with Mercy Corps procedure.
- Ensures all documents in employees’ HR files are scanned into soft and comprehensive soft copy database is maintained.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- And any other tasks as may be assigned by the Senior HR Officer.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability To Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves professionally and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Reports Directly To: Senior HR Officer
- Works Directly With: HR Staff, Operations Staff and Program Staff
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Read all assigned literature
- Educate managers on personnel file compliance so the department owns maintenance of their files ongoing.
- Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance after initial work is completed
- Continuously analyze findings and develop plans of action based on areas of concern.
- Complete all outstanding filing
- Proofread HR documents as required.
- Provide onsite and offsite event management.
- Review department personnel files for compliance and work with HR and the department manager to bring files up to standard
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree/OND/HND in Management, Administration, Accounting, Human Resources, Social Sciences Or High School Diploma in Administration, Accounting, Management
- A very good working knowledge of computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Knowledge of HR Function is an asset
- Must be reliable and flexible.
- 1 year of post-graduate relevant NGO experience will be accepted.
- Previous experience in a similar role in Private/NGO is an asset
- Knowledge of the widely spoken local languages and English is required
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- The position is based in Abuja, FCT
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the Position requirements, Reference number and Location to: [email protected]
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Application Deadline 25th September, 2019.