The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral and impartial. Port Harcourt Sub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Logistics Assistant, in close supervision with the Logistics Site Manager, supports the Sub Delegation’s logistics team (Logistics Site Manager and Purchaser) by following up on and handling requests in regard to administrative tasks as well as execution of logistic support to all ICRC Sub Delegation activities.
- Receives all orders and submits them for validation after checking and verifying necessary information, such as realistic delivery dates, relevant item-codes, Objective Code, Cost Centre, validators
- Attributes validated ROs/SRs/Internal Requests for action to Logistics team members in Port Harcourt.
- Prioritizes urgent orders for the Purchaser
- Synchronizes the STM with the ERP system and immediately changes the statuses of the documents electronically.
- Closes the ROs on FSS or the ERP system and the corresponding tickets on the STM once the order is complete.
- Ensures good electronic and hard filing of the SRs with proof of completion attached to the hard copy file (invoice, transfer Packing List, etc.).
- Acknowledges reception of orders and updates the clients with the estimated delivery time.
- Informs Requesters in case of delays.
- Maintains the Medical/FA store in the Sub-Delegation
- Supports Logistics help desk activities/SCM Helpdesk function within the Sub-Delegation.
- Vocational high school diploma
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English
- Computer literacy
- Driving licence
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a similar field.
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure
Job Title: Protection Field Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the PCP Team Leader, The Protection Field Officer, is responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly PCP) activities in her/ his Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- He/she participates in the analysis of the humanitarian and security situation. Identifies protection problems and ensures proper documentation of enquiries violations of IHL, HRL and other humanitarian consequences of the conflict, violence or natural disasters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of the Protection objectives by applying the set procedures (administrative, operational and technical).
- Collects, compiles and interprets protection-related information (with appropriate care for staff risk management)
- Monitors incidents, including protection concerns, in order to identify trends, with a priority to the humanitarian consequences of the armed conflict in the AoR.
- She identifies new areas of potential Protection need and conducts assessments to verify and quantify those needs.
- Checks and processes all documentation of cases in then institutional database (Prot6) as per Delegation orientation.
- Plans and conducts field trips and produces timely, detailed and accurate field trip reports thereafter.
- Participates in internal and external meetings whenever called upon
- Occasionally translates documents from Hausa/Kanuri into English and vice versa as operational needs require
- Receives and responds to requests received from enquirers visiting the protection office
- Contributes in operational communication dissemination in order to increase good perception of ICRC.
- Contributes to timely reports (Weekly sitreps, monthly reports etc.) as direct by his/her line manager
Education and Experience Required
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law.
- 2 years’ experience in the Protection sector with humanitarian organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa (Shua-Arab an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, Good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility – AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Previous experience in IDPs context
- Knowledge of Red Cross movement.
Job Title: ICT Specialist II
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the ICT Engineer and the ICT Coordinator, the ICT Specialist II Offers support and maintains proper functionality of ICT set-up and infrastructure; Interrelates with all the internal and external interlocutors including service providers;
- Offers support to users in Maiduguri and from other sites (sub-delegations, offices); Have a good knowledge on all of the following ICT domains: PC hardware and software, networking, telephony, radios, satellite systems, and helpdesk.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Informatics equipment (computers, servers, printers, peripherals, internal networks, power systems, cabling, modem, connexons and internet facilities) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Installs, programs, adapts and maintains all professional ICRC Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, UHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting internal standards and procedures.
- Plan, Implement all the ICT project in IT and Telcom Infrastructure
- Timely response to helpdesk Level 1 and level 2 requests from the ICT ServiceDesk platform, and providing remote assistance to users with ICT problems if need it , and update the tickets in the system accordingly
- Provides support to other field ICT technicians by answering phone calls or messages, reacting according to ICT policies and priorities.
- Repairs or organizes repairs of all broken ICRC Informatics, Telecom or Telephone equipment received in (or transferred to) the ICT Workshop and attributed to him for repair.
- Maintains the workshop clean in order and secured.
- Assist in monitoring, operation and performance of LAN/WAN connectivity and communication services
- Assists users in software installation from ICT store and ensures proper software distribution, updates, and scripts installation
- Knows, respects and monitors respect of ICT policies, procedures and standards set by GVA and ABJ in relation to use of ICT equipment
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or master’s Degree is an asset.
- 4-5 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position
- 2 years Experience on Telcome (VHF, HF , VSAT , Radio)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Strong understanding of telecom especially VHF, HF and satellite
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Clearly indicate “ABJ201900079 Logistics Assistant PoH” or “ABJ201900047 Protection FO MIU” or “ABJ201900076 ICT Specialist MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications without the job role subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance
Application Deadline 16:30 h; 20th September, 2019.