Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply, Logistics & Admin Officer
Req ID: 5230
Internal Job Grade: D – national
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: PROACT Project Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Office Assistant, Office Cleaner, Driver
- To deliver Oxfam’s strategic and operational emergency/resilient food security and livelihood priorities in Nigeria and ensure innovative and quality programme which is shared within Nigeria, the West Africa Region and beyond.
- The Supply, Logistics & Admin officer is responsible for managing logistics, vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the state based Oxfam staff.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
The Kebbi State’s Supply, Logistics & Admin Officer will perform the following specific duties:
Transport & Fleet Management:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation using TarrMar platform software.
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles, ensuring all vehicles are in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Supervise the work of the drivers to ensure proper vehicle allocations, tracking of vehicle related costs inclusive of monitoring maintenance/repair/service schedules and fuel.
- Maintain accurate and updated vehicle files and ensure that mileage log sheets, vehicle repair records, service and related costs documentation are prepared using Terramar networks and used as required.
- Ensure monthly fuel usage reports for all vehicles are prepared and maintains proper file records.
- Ensure monthly spares usage and vehicle service reports.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked for road worthiness before any assignment
- Ensure that all vehicles insurance are renewed and up to date
- Provide advice and support on vehicle repair and management
- Establish regular service schedule and ensure proper maintenance is carried out by liaising with vehicle garage or maintenance staff.
- Ensure vehicles have current and legal documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Liaise with airlines for flight travel ensuring value for money. Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up and drop off times ensuring drivers are briefed on movement plans
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers. Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance
- Supervise drivers maintaining the vehicle fleet and coordinating vehicle allocation for staffs, partners and visitors.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Ensure the telephone system is operational and cost effective (CUG). Report any defective equipment or service. Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost effective. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Country office Log istics Assistant or Logistics Officer.
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
Procurement and Supply:
- Oversee procurement requirements of the State Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Source or support in sourcing of goods and services, focusing on optimising cost, quality and service delivery via efficient procurement planning and scheduling, inventory minimisation and customer order fulfilment requirements.
- Support vendor selection processes and select top quality 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set Oxfam standards.
- Ensure that there is an approved requisition for all purchases with valid project/fund numbers dully filled out before any purchase is made; ensures assignment of unique Requisition number to each requisition and ensures proper registration into requisition tracking sheet.
- Study approved requisitions and raises any unclear issues with regards to specifications, delivery times with the respective requesting officers & partners.
- Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively.
- Follow up on procurements for Kebbi state carried out at the country office.
- Engage suppliers and service providers with Framework agreements for recurrent procurements.
- Support identification, evaluation and development of project supply plans and annual procurement plans.
- Procure and ensure the continuous availability of needs for the smooth running of the Country office, programme and field offices; support the overall team in achieving an on time and within budget delivery of requests without compromising quality and policy objectives.
- Solicit for enough quotations according to Oxfam policies from reputable vendors using acceptable competitive bidding procedures. All requests for bids must be in writing and documented on file and on soft copy.
- Compile a detailed Bid Analysis and submit to the Supply & Logistics Manager for review and approval.
- Prepares Purchase Orders (PO) for the successful bidder following approval of the bid analysis and makes sure that contracts, when needed, are properly signed and filed.
- Ensure that PO’s and contracts are secured before purchases are actually made. Maintains close communication with the vendor/supplier to ensure prompt delivery and keep requesting officer informed on progress of procurement.
- Ensure complete procurement documentations following receipt of goods and receipt of invoice with TIN (Tax Indentification Number) of the supplier(s).
- Implement and document Oxfam Novib standard procedures and practices of purchasing, and promote accountability of resources.
Warehousing and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all goods are packed safely and segregated according to their nature based on Oxfam standards
- Manage stock data and tracking systems in accordance with Oxfam Novib standard procedures
- Ensure receipt of goods in good order as described on the purchase order and requisition ensuring relevant technical advice for receiving goods of specific technical nature
- Produce stock/warehouse management reports on a monthly basis or when required
- Update inventory database sequentially, number of units, serial no., description of property, project no. /voucher no., date acquired, purchase cost, condition, location, user, expected disposal date if applicable.
- Year End Inventory Verification
- Conducts annual physical count of property and maintain update file copy.
- Documents discrepancies from the previous inventory such as vehicle accident, damage, condition, location transfer etc.
- Organise the loading /unloading of store goods when dispatching
- Carry out regular stock reconciliation and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Ensure all health, safety and security precautions by all people involved in the store
- Ensure the timely maintenance of the warehouse and all equipment related to safe storekeeping
- Ensure store management policies and procedures are implemented in all programme locations including emergency response offices set up temporarily; ensure that there is no unauthorised access to store and the store area is smoke free
- Maintain a general document-filing system in accordance with Oxfam standards.
- Manage calendars and arrangement of meetings for Senior staff
- Co-ordinate and maintain the Oxfam State Office resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- Assist in the production and publications of all EU project official text, reports and other material in consultation with the Livelihoods Program Manager.
- Manage day-to-day upkeep of and administrations for agreements, including seeking resolution i.e for issues with IT, Internet system and phone lines.
- Other – Other tasks as requested by Line Manager.e.g
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers, cleaners and guards and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programs and Abuja office as may be required
- Produce logistics site progress reports, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to Abuja office every month
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to Abuja office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Oxfam policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manage
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- Five years work experience with at least two years spent in a similar role in the INGO sector
- Experience working in a relatively insecure state based environment will be an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication & interpersonal Skill
- Ability to speak the hausa will be an added advantage
- Good IT skills.
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Creative and able to take initiative
- Good collaboration skills
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply