Hyelansinta Women Children and Youth Initiative – A Non-governmental organisation (NGO) that renders help to the helpless. Their watch word is “Service to humanity is the greatest of all”.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
- Work with the Leadership team to develop specific sector programme strategies in line with Hyelansita organisational objectives
- To ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the organisational programmes in line with donor guidelines
- Coordinate the resource mobilization efforts to drive and support relevant organisation’s activities at community, state and national levels.
- To establish, foster and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders including policy makers, community and religious leaders, partners, donors, networks, and other critical establishments with the aim of bringing lasting change in discriminatory social norms, attitudes, behaviours, policies and laws.
- Coordinate the implementation of programme and organisation learning activities of the organisation.
- Support project coordinators to produce reports in partnership with their team Leaders as agreed in contracts with donors to be submitted to the country management, donors and dissemination to wider public.
- Actively take part in the overall monitoring and impact assessment procedure and strategy development of the organisation.
- Support and contribute to the development of innovative knowledge management systems and communication across the organisation.
- Supports M&E operations, meeting regularly with M&E focal points in each location remotely to troubleshoot problems, identify solutions and flag best practice.
- Provides relevant training, coaching and mentorship to staff members
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives
- Knows, understands and applies concepts and approaches relevant to planning, initiation, development and overall management of project both in development, early recovery and humanitarian settings; prior experience of implementing integrated projects is an added advantage.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with an ability to focus both on internal issues as well as external demands.
- Self-motivated person, able to work without close supervision
- Committed to the organisation’s strategy and values.
- Proficient in analysing possible causes of problems and suggest solutions to get them resolved.
- Knowledge and skills in resource mobilisation including proposal writing, grants management and donor relations
- Ability to coordinate and organise within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and experience
- Masters degree in Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences
- At least three years’ experience in project management and resource mobilisation
- Proficiency in English Language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter stating their suitability for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Curriculum vitae and cover letter are to be embedded in one document and named with position applied for: for example, Haruna Jibril application for Programme coordinator
Application Deadline 7th October, 2019.