The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) which funds its projects and other developmental activities using Islamic finance. Hence, the name “Islamic”. Founded in 1975, the IsDB is headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Regional Hub of Abuja
Ref Id: IDB2344
Location: IsDB Regional hub Abuja
Business Unit: Country Programs Complex
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Country relations and services Africa & Latin America
- Conduct day-to-day project and technical assistance operations management activities under the guidance of Operations Team Leader within approved costs, timeliness and quality to ensure efficient execution of the bank’s mandate to support economic development in the associated member and non-member countries.
- Responsible for day-to-day communication and implementation support to the project management units and executing agencies, preparation of PIASR reports, proactive mitigation of project implementation issues, contract management in addition, provide support in project preparation and appraisal, project and portfolio quality review process, review and contribution to procurement and disbursement documents.
- Contribute to knowledge management agenda by identifying lessons learned from the projects.
Key Accountabilities (not exhaustive list)
- Provide support to the execution of project appraisals to ensure comprehensive coverage of the technical, economic, social, financial, procurement, institutional and environmental aspects of project proposals in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the bank.
Project Implementation and Monitoring:
- Coordinate input to the relevant Procurement and Financial Management staff during project implementation to ensure procurement and financial management of projects are in line with the policies of the bank
- Coordinate with respective Operations Team Leader for technical assistance in all aspects across the project lifecycle.
- Contribute to maintenance of project plans to ensure ongoing monitoring of project progress, pro-active identification of issues and implementation of action plans to resolve issues promptly.
- Coordinate disbursement requests with Operations Team Leader to ensure timely resolution of procurement and other related issues.
Project Closure and Review:
- Support the development of project completion reports at the completion of each project, to ensure the problems and issues faced, the actions taken and the lessons learned are documented for reference in future projects.
- Compile input to Sectoral Teams in Global Practices, Knowledge Management and the Institutional Learning Unit to ensure lessons learned are recorded for reference in future projects.
- Provide input to Operations Team Leader regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, economics or related field.
- English and French (mandatory).
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- 4-6 years of experience in project management in the development sector.
Job specific competencies:
- Building Relationships
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Vendor Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Contract Management.
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Passion for Excellence
- Communication Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- The position is only applicable for Nigerian national or citizen of Niger, Chad, Cameroon, Gabon, Burkina Faso, Togo, and Benin.
- As needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th September, 2019.