IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Technical Officer
Location: Asaba, Delta
- We are currently recruiting for a Regional Technical Officer. Based in Asaba, and reporting into the Regional Head of Operations, you will be accountable for ensuring network quality standards and service commitments are achieved through effective monitoring and coordination of regional technical staff across the assigned region.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners within the assigned region.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) tasks and regional targets. Motivate team-members towards achievement of such tasks and targets.
- Communicate relevant information and feedback from management to State Field Operations Managers (SFOMs), Field Service Engineers (FSEs), Technicians and Contractors.
- Monitor management of network assets across region and trigger consequence management where evidence of mismanagement arises.
- Review need for Capex replacement and trigger replacement request process.
- Ensure all reports (statistical and registers) are accurate and available as and when due.
- Provide inputs to the regional budget.
- Notify Service Maintenance Contractors (SMCs) of sites where they are required to deploy security and ensure that Quality Auditors (QAs) are promptly informed of security deployment to sites as it occurs.
- Ensure optimal supply of diesel to sites to prevent site downtime. Also, communicate diesel needs to the Regional Head of Operations (RHOO).
- Ensure SMCs carry out Site Readiness Audits and escalate issues to Regional Project Coordinator for resolution.
- Collate daily Decommissioned Asset Checklists and validate with FSEs before forwarding to Project Coordinator.
- Populate Customer Upgrade Request Forms (CURFs) and share with Regional QAs to ensure all CURF requirements are met.
- Manage and appraise performance of SFOMs based on set Key Result Areas (KRAs). Identify training needs and act as mentor to subordinates.
- Steer weekly governance meetings and engagements.
- Ensure required tools of trade are available to team-members and utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Track progress on all O&M deliverables within the region and provide timely feedback to the RHOO to enhance decision-making.
- Proactively communicate O&M status, issues and risks to management.
- Share accountability for overall regional compliance with policies, procedures, and methodologies.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, ensuring follow-through on all agreed actions, needs and requirements.
- Ensure smooth and timely integration of new network elements into the operational network.
- Manage and ensure conformity to quality processes and systems.
- Ensure all commercial responsibilities such as Supply Chain invoicing and project execution receive prompt attention across all control points within the region.
- Promote communication among colleagues to drive information flow and curb problems that arise.
- Prepare and submit reports to the RHOO on all matters relating to regional operations.
- Manage relationships with partners/ vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the RHOO.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, and/ or any other related discipline.
- Professional certifications such as CCNA or PMP will be an added advantage.
- +10 years’ related experience in telecoms operations and maintenance.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold
- Engineering Management
- Logistics Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Network Operations Management
- Network Audits
- Business Planning
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Leading & Influencing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 7th October, 2019.