INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Finance Assistant
Location: Based in Maiduguri with regular visits to all our field location in Nigeria
Reporting to: Finance Officer
General Purpose of the Position
- INTERSOS is looking for a Roving Finance Assistant that will be responsible for managing the field cash payments and financial issues. Represents the finance department in the fields and will take the responsibility of reporting all the financial aspects of the fields to the finance management.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring the fields compliance with INTERSOS internal regulations, financial policies and procedures.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare in collaboration with Maiduguri finance officer the monthly visits plan and communicate it with the finance management for approval
- Periodical visits to the fields to manage their financial issues in collaboration with the fields administrative focal points
- Conduct periodical cash counting for the fields safe boxes and generate cash counting reports
- Follow up and close the pending amounts of the fields’ staff
- Register the fields expenditures in the sub PN and report his daily PN to Maiduguri Finance officer to check and consolidate
- Monitor the fields staff pending aging and liaise with them to close the pending in accordance to the specified maximum aging in INTERSOS Control Model
- Any ad-hoc task that is requested by the finance management
- Archive the fields financial documents in Maiduguri finance department
- Control and report the fields fixed assets and reconcile the logistics inventory records with the actual existed assets in the fields
- Assist the finance team in the monthly/yearly closing
- Assist the finance team in the projects financial closing.
- Check and collect the fields financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets, etc) and supply them to Maiduguri finance office.
- Support the projects staff in any related financial issues like volunteers’ payments, casual workers, guards, housekeepers….etc, and ensure having the appropriate payment documents.
- Carry out periodical check for the logistics works in the fields and collaborate with the logistics staff for any needed financial support.
- Carry out the cash movements from Maiduguri office to the fields according to the projects’ managers requirements and cash requirements forecast.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration from a recognized higher institution
- Minimum 2 years finance/Accounting experience in multinational working environment
- Minimum 1 year experience with recognized INGO
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Knowledge the use of Google Drive
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills.
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- English, Hausa (Kanuri and/or Shuwa desirable)
- Good Reporting and analysis skills
- Manage and organize information systems, establish and maintain filing systems
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates interested in this position should complete the online application form and attach their CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
- Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment
Application Deadline 23rd September, 2019 (Time: 12:00 noon)