RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Water Production/Supply Assessment
Locations: Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, Taraba
- The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project seeks to recruit 7 highly motivated engineers as short term consultants (one of which will be a team leader) to support the assessments of water production, treatment, storage and distribution facilities in all our six states (Imo, Sokoto, Taraba, Abia, Niger and Delta States).
- The assignment is for a range of days (about 3 weeks) depending on the scope of the assignment as indicated below.
- For each utility, assess the source of the water and advise what interventions may need to be undertaken either to improve raw water quality or improve quantity of water available
- Design, determine and suggest what interventions E-WASH can make within the limited resources that is available.
- For the overhead reservoirs or booster stations advise what maintenance and hydraulic improvements may be required to be done in order to minimize any losses that may be current occurring.
- List out activities to be undertaken to implement the recommendations above
- Provide a list of interventions -whether goods or services to be undertaken and also price estimates for these. This may include pumps, valves, production meters and other process related items.
- This should include any raw water pumping to the treatment plant.
- Assess the treatment facilities and determine what needs to be done to improve the production. Currently most of the treatment plants are treating water at 30% of the design capacity
- The assessment should be for the whole process i.e. from the entry of raw water into the treatment facility up to pumping of treated water to overhead pumps.
- Determine and estimate what is required to bring the plant to the design capacity
Objectives of the Assignment
- The overall objective of the assignment is to undertake an assessment of the water supply process, from the source, treatment and distribution – reservoirs, booster pumping stations
- Assess all possible areas where water availability can be enhanced. Advise what needs to be done to enhance or increase the amount of water that is available to the residents of our six urban communities
- The assessments will be undertaken in the states of Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto and Taraba.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant should have at least a Master’s Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or such Engineering fields as relevant to Water Utility functions
- Specialization in water supply and sanitation management, utility operations management etc
- At least 15 years working experience in utility operations – water supply
- Or at least 5 years’ experience as a consultant for water utility operations including treatment, pumping and distribution
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as One Single MS Word document to: STTA@ewash.rti.org using the Job Title and their 2 most preferred Location, i.e. 2 States out of the 6 States listed above herein as the subject of the mail (e.g. Water Production/Supply Assessment Consultant – Sokoto and Taraba).
- On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the e-mail subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Consultants may be required to work in an additional State aside the 2 already chosen.
- Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Persons who would like to be considered as team leader should indicate same in their application and state what qualifies them as a team leader.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 1st October, 2019.