World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Graphic Artist
Job ID: 1904266
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Purpose of the Position
- The Graphic Designer will support the WHO Nigeria Communications Team for successful implementation and publication of various communications/visibility products
- SHe will provide technical support to the design and implementation of the project work plans, maps, graphics, figures, publications, brochures, leaflets, banners, booklets, bi-monthly and annual report.
Description of Duties
- Design themes, Layouts, contents and covers of documents.
- Develop web interface and design for WCO website, operational databases in close collaboration with Web and Database Developers at AFRO
- Development and design maps, graphics, templates and tables, c) Modify graphics, figures and maps.
- Development of figures, including colours, fonts, graphics and layout, and resulting materials such as Newsletters, brochures, reports, banners, posters, fliers and booklets.
- Creation of graphic templates to be used for reports and presentations.
- Creation of brochures, business cards, information folders, publications, and other similar promotional materials related to the work of the WCO.
- Liaison with printers and other publish houses for printing and creation of materials.
- Safeguard and ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with the WHO graphic guidelines;
- Maintain and further develop the graphic guidelines, in line with overall WCO directives
- Maintain templates (In-design, CorelDraw, Publisher Word, PowerPoint etc) and give technical support.
- Assist in establishing and be responsible for maintaining photo archive. Build local capacity
- Update and revision of existing publications, materials and graphics.
- Preparation of printing packages (all layout and design files) for printing of publications and other communication products (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Design templates for new publications and products in line with graphic guidelines and in close cooperation with responsible officers.
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations. This will require the graphic designer to provide technical solutions for use of new media (virtual 3D words/boxes, postcards).
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animations, presentations and more advanced solutions (design of CD/DVD packaging, graphic digitalization)
- Any other duties as may be requested.
- Essential: Completed Secondary Education with training in Graphic Design.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in a discipline relevant to IT, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Certified training in CAD (computer-aided design and drafting) software relevant to the production of maps and illustrations.
- 2 years relevant experience working at different CAD environment, mainly at Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator andor Corel Draw
- Good knowledge at Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Experience working with the UN or any international NGO
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10:59:00pm; 12th October, 2019.