The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plumber – Technical Works Group
Job ID: 39/19 ABJ
Type of Position: Permanent
Start Date: 15th November, 2019
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Subcategory: Estates
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main Purpose of Job
- Hands-on Plumber to carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works related plumbing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist TWG (Technical works Group) team to attend to work requests on regular basis as it affects the mission’s operations.
- Carry out routine maintenance of fire fighting equipment (Hydrant Heads, Hose reels, etc).
- Carry out the routine/breakdown maintenance, check up, inspection of all the plumbing fixtures and pipe lines of residential and official accommodations.
- Carry out the routine preventative maintenance of the cold and hot water supply pipeline system.
- To carry out the routine preventative maintenance of ground & high level water tank and cisterns.
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance of HVAC chilled system water valves, meters, Gauges, and mechanical flow switches.
- Preparing daily and weekly reports of work done and other necessary documentation.
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance of Barriers, blockers and folding gates.
- Keep & clean tools and machines in proper position after using it.
- Develop skills in all trades to meet Mission’s multi-tasking policies.
- Follow FCO (Foreign Common Wealth) health & safety standards in regular works, also ensuring compliance with all TWG work practices and policies.
- Assist TWG team to complete planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as scheduled.
- Attend to all Ad hoc tasks delegated by Estates Manager and provide updates on the same.
- Carry out the new installation and repairing of plumbing fixtures/ fittings.
- Operate and carry out routine & corrective maintenance of domestic water treatment plant.
- Carry out installation and routine cleaning/unblocking of drainage, water supply pipes.
- Assist other trade persons to carry out their tasks i.e. Electrician, A/C Technician, Painter, Plumber, Mason and Carpenter.
- Take responsibility and custody of maintenance stores and procurement as per need.
- Drive water bowser to deliver water to various compounds when required.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Plumbing Labour Trade Test 1, 2, &3 (Ministry of Labour& Productivity Certificate of Competence).
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing Mechanical & Plumbing maintenance services in Multi-complex Office buildings.
- Possess 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BHC (British High Commission) working experience or experience from other international organisation
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Deadline: 4th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Post are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission/Embassy do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.